Dirty Seat

/ Dirty Seat #1  

MacTractor

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 JD 2320
IMG-20130117-00660.jpgHi folks,

I recently picked up a new to me JD 2320 that appears to have spent some time outside. The paint is a little faded, which I will fix with a good wax, but the seat is pretty dirty and it appears to be baked right into it. I tried Spray Nine and some other cleaners with no luck, anyone with some suggestions?

I guess the last resort will be a new seat cover but otherwise the seat has no cracks or anything so if I could just clean it, I would be happy.

Cheers,

Last edited:
   / Dirty Seat #2  
Dang guy, if a dirty seat is all you got to complain about on a "new" used tractor, then you got a good deal. Just throw a cover on it and smile.

/ Dirty Seat #3  
Polish it with your rear!

Seat time should clean it off.

Congrats on your tractor!

/ Dirty Seat #5  
If it is just dirt and grime just about anything on your shelf should clean it but I found the trick is to let it soak for awhile. I have had luck with window washing fluid. I wet down a paper towel and place it on the dirty spot. Let it soak for awhile and spraying often enough to keep the towel wet and in contact with the spot. With repeated tries, it should come clean.

/ Dirty Seat
Thanks for the advice. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, just looking to make it even better......

I am going to try soaking it as mentioned. Dusty3030, I have been trying to polish it with my rear without any luck.

Cheers,

/ Dirty Seat #7  
If your tractor ain't dirty, ya wasted your money ('cuz ya ain't using it hard enough).

/ Dirty Seat #8  
You might try some of the orange hand cleaner. I find it cleans grease out of my clothes better than most degreasers. KRUD KUTTER is another very good cleaner, expensive (about $4 for 4 oz. bottle) but it works.
It might also be mildew rather than dirt/grease so try a mildew remover like for showers and see if that works.