Crawler

/ Crawler #21  
Yes I been in a d9r coming out of a ramp to only get to the top and slide back down! Man will those things take off! Not much fun trying to get out of it and yelling on the cb to the end dump drivers to look out!

/ Crawler #22  
Done it in a drill also and that is the worst because you have no ground engaging tools to help stop or slow down with.

/ Crawler #23  
D6 on ice:

/ Crawler #24  
Tank on ice:

/ Crawler
She will push more snow than a 50 hp tractor. Too slow for my long driveway but I pushed some banks back and it is awsome. Filled in a ditch line with snow and it will float right over the top and keep pushing. Hauled a couple of logs and it did real well. Tried the forestry winch and that didn't work too well. Too far out the back by the time the driveshaft was hooked up and with the clearance I was looking for the driveshaft was way to steep of an angle. Gonne try to find a mounted winch and tow behind arch.

/ Crawler #26  
And none of these things happen with the typically higher center of gravity rubber tired ag tractor?

Of course they do and is not my point. Did you ever log with a dozer Jerry in thick woods? This is a very small dozer we are talking about. As I do not know what the ops terrain is like, i'd thought I'd mention a possible caveat. I did not want the op to get overly confident as with the right circumstances, a dozer may not be the "safest" method of logging. The stability factor of a dozer is impressive but not so much as to think one is invincible with one. Logging on the flat with few ground obstructions is one thing. Logging with a dozer on rolling terrain with hidden rock stick ups everywhere is totally another. If i hadn't experienced it first hand, I'd believe just like you do.