Ford 2810 Frost Plug Size And Location

/ Ford 2810 Frost Plug Size And Location #1  

danrclem

Tractor
Ford 2810
I've came to this site plenty of times for information but never joined because I always found what I needed. After much searching here and other places I can't find what I need to know so here I am.

I have a Ford 2810 (approximately 1988 year) that's not used a whole lot but now that I need it to haul wood it doesn't want to start so I decided to put a frost plug in the block. Does anybody know the location where it should be put in and what size I need? Photos would be great but a description would also help too. I think I need one with an O-ring but I'm not for sure. Any installation tips woud be appreciated too.

Thanks,
Danny

/ Ford 2810 Frost Plug Size And Location
It looks like I put this in the wrong forum. Sorry.

Can one of the mods move it to the Parts/Repair section or do I just need to repost it over there.

/ Ford 2810 Frost Plug Size And Location #5  
I googled freeze plugs for your tractor and I found some being sold that were 1.5''. That would be about 38mm. Before you order a block heater you should measure the block where the freeze plus goes in to be sure you get the right size. i think most of the after market block heaters use a o-ring to help seal it. The best location to install it would probably be the easiest freeze plug you can get out.

Amazon has that block heater cheaper. You could PM a Mod or the Admin and ask them to move the thread.

Kat's 11610 600 Watt 38mm Frost Plug Heater : Amazon.com : Automotive

/ Ford 2810 Frost Plug Size And Location
The Kat's 11610 works on some Fords but I couldn't find a specific one that was listed for a 2810. One concern was whether the element would touch metal on the inside when installed. I was hoping that somebody could recommend one that they had used.

If I find the one that will work for sure I'll be sure to check Amazon. Thanks.