Want to do this with a tractor?

/ Want to do this with a tractor? #3  
Tough logging but the good news.....if you get hungry....you could always bar-b-q the skid steer!

/ Want to do this with a tractor? #4  
I really enjoyed that. They seemed like very patient and kind people able to manage their animals w/o trouble. Thanks for posting.

/ Want to do this with a tractor? #5  
My buddy gets trees out of his cypress plantiation here in Costa Rica that way with oxen. It works well on his terrain which is really steep and uneven. My land´s a little further down the mountain and its flat enough to pull logs out with the tractor, which is easier. They make fun of me because the tractor is more expensive than the oxen, which is a valid point, but you also need about an acre of pasture for each animal just to feed them, at which point you have a lot of land tied up in your utility animals (that would be about half my land). I can just keep my tractor under a small shed roof.

What I noticed about these guys in Tibet, that really impressed me, was that one of them had an ax slung across his back. Ï didn´t see a chanisaw, and it looked like those logs had rounded ends like they had been cut with axes. Now that´s impressive! at least my buddy with the oxen has a nice chainsaw. and those are kinda thick logs too...

/ Want to do this with a tractor? #6  
My buddy gets trees out of his cypress plantiation here in Costa Rica that way with oxen. It works well on his terrain which is really steep and uneven. My land´s a little further down the mountain and its flat enough to pull logs out with the tractor, which is easier. They make fun of me because the tractor is more expensive than the oxen, which is a valid point, but you also need about an acre of pasture for each animal just to feed them, at which point you have a lot of land tied up in your utility animals (that would be about half my land). I can just keep my tractor under a small shed roof.

What I noticed about these guys in Tibet, that really impressed me, was that one of them had an ax slung across his back. Ï didn´t see a chanisaw, and it looked like those logs had rounded ends like they had been cut with axes. Now that´s impressive! at least my buddy with the oxen has a nice chainsaw. and those are kinda thick logs too...

I noticed the axes as well, I've dropped a few good sized trees with an axe back in the day when i was in good shape. I could swing left and right handed and that's how you go to work. Used to do blasting that way with a star drill to drill into the rock to set the charges. Those guys must be in pretty good shape, my hats off to them!!

/ Want to do this with a tractor? #7  
So the Chinese are cutting old growth trees that took 7-800 years to grow in tibet?

Great, we practice sustainable forestry here and we get slammed for the destruction of the world. Some of the fastest loss of forest in the world is happening in Tibet right now and it's done as you saw. Plus the ground is being lost from erosion too. Double whammy.

/ Want to do this with a tractor? #8  
I sincerely enjoyed the video. It provided some insight relating to another Country's culture.

/ Want to do this with a tractor? #9  
That was a good video . They seem to enjoy the work , take good care of the animals , even joke around a little . Makes you wonder who is themore civilized culture ?

/ Want to do this with a tractor?
It said under the video that it was in Yunan province that is just north of Thiland and only goes to about 7 or 8 thousand ft. Yes I agree that old growth should be saved but I doubt that was. besides that they are trying to live and I take my hat off to anyone who works that hard instead of having their hand out. I have been to Yunan 3 times and just climbing a couple flights of stairs at 7000 ft is a lot of work for me.