Tires industrial tires need replaced

/ industrial tires need replaced #1  

bill ns

Bronze Member
Tractor
1970 ,276 International Harvester2008 dk 35 kioti, 1957 cockshutt540
The front tires on my DK35 Kioti are pretty much ready to be be replaced . The tractor came with industrial tires on it . I would like to have AG tires on the front instead I have Industrial tires on the back would this cause any problems ?
Any thoughts ?

/ industrial tires need replaced #2  
My main concern would be circumference due to the 4x4. That and maybe the rims are a little different in width too, may need to change the rim possibly?

/ industrial tires need replaced #3  
You can match diameters but will need new rims.

I would do all 4 at once. Craigslist the rear tires and rims

/ industrial tires need replaced
I got cheep and decided to just replace the worst tire first 140 $ I would have to change rims to go to AG tires As they are narrower . I have too many other projects going on right now to spend all that money on rims i don;t really need .

/ industrial tires need replaced #5  
well you probably have better snow traction now, with new tire deeper tread, and your wallet missed a major hit. All good.

/ industrial tires need replaced #6  
This is typical of why folks need to know what type of tire they need when they buy. It is just outrageously expensive to swap later with rims and tires to replace.

When i bought the tractor all the tractors on the lot had industrial tires My neighbour uses his tractor for woods work and he tells me the AG tires cut in bad and since i was mostly farming doing field work the industrial tires were the best bet so that is what i went with i guess i am stuck with them on this tractor I will just have to get AG tires on my next tractor

/ industrial tires need replaced #8  
When i bought the tractor all the tractors on the lot had industrial tires My neighbour uses his tractor for woods work and he tells me the AG tires cut in bad and since i was mostly farming doing field work the industrial tires were the best bet so that is what i went with i guess i am stuck with them on this tractor I will just have to get AG tires on my next tractor

Depends on the ply of the ag tires. I cut up my 4 ply ags pretty well logging my woods but they lasted 27 years. I have 8 ply ags on there now and these should out live me.

I got the tire replaced yesterday It was only 145 $ so i ordered another one to have to matching tires They are different brands ( i don't really care ) but a different tread pattern and the other one is tore up pretty good . I had just ordered 2 new front tires for my old Cockshutt and they were 95$ apiece so iwas expecting to pay a lot more for the bigger wider Kioti tires You just never know .

/ industrial tires need replaced #10  
so i ordered another one to have to matching tires They are different brands ( i don't really care ) but a different tread pattern

how can a different tread pattern get you a "matching tire"? Not meaning to be critical, just concerned on a 4wd you might get some different traction issues, though
probably minor. Probably more important to have deeper tread.