Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating?

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #41  
I buy the boots that are the most comfortable for me to wear. That's why I have bought RedWings for the past 15 years. The pair I bought yesterday were my first China made RedWings. I hate that many RedWings are made in China these days but the RedWing comfort is still there.

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #42  
Wow! That would be the FIRST cheap boot I ever saw that could stay waterproof for even 3 months or so.You say HUBERT? Hmmmmm.......if I buy anything other than Redwings my feet ache after a few months of wearing them.Made the mistake of purchasing 160.00 Timberlines(made in china,I believe)
and the arches broke down under my 235 lb. weight pounding them everyday.
But whatever floats yer boat,Rich! don-ohio :)^)

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #43  
Yeah,Whistlepig,I'm sure the Redwings are fine,but I'm buying the Minnesota built ones. don-ohio

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #44  
Yeah,Whistlepig,I'm sure the Redwings are fine,but I'm buying the Minnesota built ones. don-ohio

The available selections of RedWing made in USA boots is simply not there for me as it has been in years past. Even their premium Irish Setter boots are made in China now.

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #45  
That's true.......the selection is down considerably....fortunately the old 2412 style is still made in US. don-ohio

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #46  
The available selections of RedWing made in USA boots is simply not there for me as it has been in years past. Even their premium Irish Setter boots are made in China now.

maybe it's because I am relatively young, but I don't remember the Irish Setter line ever being their "premium" line. As far as I knew they were just the ones that they allowed to be sold at large retailers.

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating?
Well, since starting this thread I've been reviewing all of the suggestions and trying to determine the level of safety I'm comfortable with. The biggest log on my place is only about 3" in diameter - and while I'm sure it would hurt if I dropped it on my toe I think I'd live through it. The heaviest thing is - of course - the implements. And I'm a bit worried about not having steel toes around those. But then again, I don't swap that often so it may be a moot point. At any rate, I looked at Academy and didn't find anything I liked, then tried Bass Pro Shops. There I found a shoe on closeout that looked perfect. Six inch sides, lace up with a side zipper, non-aggressive soles (not heavy lugged), and it's supposed to be waterproof (Gore-Tex outer). Best part of all - they we're on sale for $40. Now - having the most common size foot in the universe (size 10) I was pretty sure they wouldn't have my size - especially since the sales guy told me they only had two pair left. My choices were an 11 or a 14W - hum mm, let's try the 11. They fit OK, not perfect - just OK, and I decided to take them anyway. As I was walking by the display to pay for the shoes I thought I'd look and see what the display shoes were sized at. Oh happy day - they're size 10! Quick swap out and I've got new tractor shoes!

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #48  
Sorry, posted in wrong location

You can delete the entire post by going into "advanced" and clicking to delete post.
The whole post disappears.

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #49  
I remember the Irish Setter as a hunting boot,not necessarily a work boot.I imagine it had a steel shank,but not sure.If they don't have a steel shank,shoveling is gonna be hard on your foot. I'm sure the logging boot would protect the best,but for ease of getting around,I'll stay with the 2412 style.
don-ohio :)^)

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #50  
I remember the Irish Setter as a hunting boot,not necessarily a work boot.I imagine it had a steel shank,but not sure.If they don't have a steel shank,shoveling is gonna be hard on your foot. I'm sure the logging boot would protect the best,but for ease of getting around,I'll stay with the 2412 style.
don-ohio :)^)

How is that 2412 style with the padded top on them?

Product Detail

I never had a boot like that but have thought about it and do like that style.