Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating?

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #51  
They are great boots......I'm not sure they make the sole pattern anymore that I like so well. It's really important in a work boot to get an aggressive tread pattern if you're in mud or snow. They're about 220.00 here,not 319.00 as the pic shows.Thanks! don-ohio :)^)

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #52  
How is that 2412 style with the padded top on them?

Product Detail

I never had a boot like that but have thought about it and do like that style.

I don't have the 2412, but my current Dewalt boots and Kodiaks have the padded top collar. I like it - nice when you want to have the top of the boot tied up really tight - a low priced boot (stiff leather) can dig into your leg a bit, w/o a padded collar. So far, my Kodiaks have had a rougher life than the Dewalts - the collar on the Kodiaks has just one tiny hole in it - it might actually be a burn hole.

Decent looking boot. I will have to check out the 2412, next time I'm down south.

Rgds, D.

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #53  
Sixdogs-Thanks for the tip on deleting my misplaced and poorly edited post.

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #54  
   / Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #55  
Red Wing boots. This is my current pair. Love em. Product Detail

Good looking boot. I had only worn western pull-on boots up till now but that one is worth a look.

Right now I wear these Product Detail and they work great because I like the lace -up aspect to keep dirt out plus they are small enough to fit on the platform of my smaller tractors and not onterfere with the pedals. These work well for me.

Another factor is they are made on a very wide military type (Munson) last and they fit my wide and very high instep foot like a glove. I can't lace most boots even though they are my correct size because of the instep.

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #56  
Good looking boot. I had only worn western pull-on boots up till now but that one is worth a look.

Right now I wear these Product Detail and they work great because I like the lace -up aspect to keep dirt out plus they are small enough to fit on the platform of my smaller tractors and not onterfere with the pedals. These work well for me.

Another factor is they are made on a very wide military type (Munson) last and they fit my wide and very high instep foot like a glove. I can't lace most boots even though they are my correct size because of the instep.

The lace up 952's are hard to beat. Great looking classic Red Wing. I wear alot of western boots myself. I lived in Ft. Worth before my job transfered me to IN. The Red Wing pull ons have a western style look with work boot traction. I find myself wearing these out to eat also. LOL.

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #57  
I go with the Steel Toe LAWN GRIPS [url=http://www.lawngrips.com]Lawn Grips - Because its your turf.[/url]
Best traction boots I ever owned. They have rubber up the sides which help out in rain , wet grass, snow.

Can't count the times steel toes saved me. Wife dropped a steel plate on her toes, took off her toe nails, took almost 6 mo. to heal. Next day I bought her a pair, she loves them. the I bought a set for my brother.

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #58  
I have had great luck with Mason mail order western boots as well. One of their western boots that comes to mind is maybe $140 and made from pigskin. I have a pair that is 13 years old and while I don't wear it everyday, I used to and it got terrible abrasive abuse and still looks great. I used to put the toe of my boot between the wooden slats of the haywagon to jump up and the tough pigskin barely shows any abradion marks.
Not a "workboot" in the really abusive sense of mud and wet and climbimg mountains but for a serious western boot it worked great for me and was EEEE wide. I'll try to post a photo later today.

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #59  
i wear tenny shoes now all the time no matter what im doing.used to wear work boots till my feet got so bad i could no longer wear them.

/ Shoes - No, not the tractors... What do you wear when operating? #60  
bedroom slippers at home.. walking ( teniis? ) shoes when exercising, and cowboy boots the other 85% of my life.