Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PT 422

Default Re: Saved me

Yes, tractor therapy. Good going!

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Great story, Harry. I've been fortunate enough to not have health issues such as that, but just a bad day at work and tractorin' around cheers me up. Thanks for sharing.

Tractor
    new holland tn70

Harry that is a great story with a good ending glad your doing well.

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

Quote Originally Posted by DieselnHooters View Post
    Inspiring stuff Harry, thanks for sharing
    Yep,good story!! But, gotta say finally glad to see a next door neighbor posting on here! I live in Lexington as well, although I don't keep my tractor here at my house in Lexington. Maybe I'll run into Harry one day at the TSC lol.
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    NH T2310

Hey Harry, since its medical therapy, maybe you can deduct it on the medical expenses portion of your taxes... Well, probably not, the IRS might take a dim view.

There is something about jumping on the tractor and doing something -anything- with it, that just plain makes us feel better.
    New Holland T2310, NH 250TL loader, United 672HD box blade, Construction Attachments 42HD forks, KK II 6' tiller

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

Great story...congrats on your recovery.
    Yep, I'm a great fan of diesel and hydraulics...helps my knees and back and hands and mind.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200HSD, JD 318

That's a great story. It's always good to hear from people with a positive outlook in a world full of negativity. I just bought my dream tractor a couple of weeks ago and it makes me feel better just going in to the garage and looking at it. It's why we're all on this forum - we all love tractors for one reason or another. Keep on tractorin' Harry!

Tractor
    kubota bx24

I am pleasantly taken aback by the positive replies to my original thread and have read others with a similar story. Some folks have changed their diets drastically with good results, others are like me and have fought the problems with rehab, hard work, drugs, and mostly a good attitude. I do walk 3 miles every day which tires me, but I feel better than if I don't walk. I, like others, do not like taking all the drugs, but my doctor says I will be taking them the rest of my life even though my blood work is remarkable, or so I am told. This is not the end of the world even though I thought I could see the end. Thanks to everyone that has replied and I wish you all the best.
    Harry

If you can't walk tall then don't walk at all!

Tractor
    kubota bx24

Hi kebo, you seem to have some very serious equipment. Do you farm? I have occasion to cut hay with my uncle although we have not the last 2 years. He uses a Deere, but I do not remember the model and I have to travel to Blythewood to help him. I have started helping some folks up on the lake getting dirt off of their boat ramps and other small chores. I put some teeth on my FEL which is a saviour in the dirt at my house, if you can call it that. The stuff is like concrete when dry and like oily quicksand when wet. Stay in touch and keep tractoring.
    HarryQUOTE=kebo;3164609]Yep,good story!! But, gotta say finally glad to see a next door neighbor posting on here! I live in Lexington as well, although I don't keep my tractor here at my house in Lexington. Maybe I'll run into Harry one day at the TSC lol.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by harryr6574; 01-27-2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: misspell

A great thread Harry We are all glad to hear how you are adapting. I'm just your age and am fighting with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. I dropped fifty pounds and have changed diet but have more to do. Tractor therapy sure does help. It gets you out of the computer chair and outside and really helps keep your mind adjusted. I had some resistance from the keeper of the checkbook when I first bought "My" tractor but as soon as I did a job for her that she considered important it became "Our" tractor and a member of the family.
    Keep puttering along and work within your limits. You can always do another bit tomorrow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast