Saved me

/ Saved me #12  
Great story, Harry. I've been fortunate enough to not have health issues such as that, but just a bad day at work and tractorin' around cheers me up. Thanks for sharing.

/ Saved me #13  
Harry that is a great story with a good ending glad your doing well.

/ Saved me #14  
Inspiring stuff Harry, thanks for sharing

Yep,good story!! But, gotta say finally glad to see a next door neighbor posting on here! I live in Lexington as well, although I don't keep my tractor here at my house in Lexington. Maybe I'll run into Harry one day at the TSC lol.

/ Saved me #15  
Hey Harry, since its medical therapy, maybe you can deduct it on the medical expenses portion of your taxes... Well, probably not, the IRS might take a dim view.

There is something about jumping on the tractor and doing something -anything- with it, that just plain makes us feel better.

/ Saved me #16  
Great story...congrats on your recovery.
Yep, I'm a great fan of diesel and hydraulics...helps my knees and back and hands and mind.

/ Saved me #17  
That's a great story. It's always good to hear from people with a positive outlook in a world full of negativity. I just bought my dream tractor a couple of weeks ago and it makes me feel better just going in to the garage and looking at it. It's why we're all on this forum - we all love tractors for one reason or another. Keep on tractorin' Harry!

/ Saved me
I am pleasantly taken aback by the positive replies to my original thread and have read others with a similar story. Some folks have changed their diets drastically with good results, others are like me and have fought the problems with rehab, hard work, drugs, and mostly a good attitude. I do walk 3 miles every day which tires me, but I feel better than if I don't walk. I, like others, do not like taking all the drugs, but my doctor says I will be taking them the rest of my life even though my blood work is remarkable, or so I am told. This is not the end of the world even though I thought I could see the end. Thanks to everyone that has replied and I wish you all the best.
Harry

If you can't walk tall then don't walk at all!

/ Saved me
Hi kebo, you seem to have some very serious equipment. Do you farm? I have occasion to cut hay with my uncle although we have not the last 2 years. He uses a Deere, but I do not remember the model and I have to travel to Blythewood to help him. I have started helping some folks up on the lake getting dirt off of their boat ramps and other small chores. I put some teeth on my FEL which is a saviour in the dirt at my house, if you can call it that. The stuff is like concrete when dry and like oily quicksand when wet. Stay in touch and keep tractoring.
HarryQUOTE=kebo;3164609]Yep,good story!! But, gotta say finally glad to see a next door neighbor posting on here! I live in Lexington as well, although I don't keep my tractor here at my house in Lexington. Maybe I'll run into Harry one day at the TSC lol.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
   / Saved me #20  
A great thread Harry We are all glad to hear how you are adapting. I'm just your age and am fighting with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. I dropped fifty pounds and have changed diet but have more to do. Tractor therapy sure does help. It gets you out of the computer chair and outside and really helps keep your mind adjusted. I had some resistance from the keeper of the checkbook when I first bought "My" tractor but as soon as I did a job for her that she considered important it became "Our" tractor and a member of the family.
Keep puttering along and work within your limits. You can always do another bit tomorrow.