Saved me

/ Saved me #1  

harryr6574

Tractor
kubota bx24
Hi all. I have been a member for about a year and thought it was finally time to relay my experience. Don,t get excited I did not have to dig my self out of a hole or anything nasty like that. You see several years ago I had a massive heart attack and according to my doctor I should have died. Well since that day I have been upset over my limitations, so last year I bought a Kubota Bx-24 as we had a pool put in and there was a mountaing of dirt that had to be moved and as time went on the dirt had to be moved a few times. The yard is now smooth and I have been able to put in numerous plants for my wife. I also removed close to 100 trees, cutting them down myself which took about everything I had. However, the BX made easy work of all the stumps (some huge). This tractor, my best friend, has allowed me to accomplish things like before my heart problem and really made me feel like a man again. Now, this may sound silly to some members, but according to my doctor 70% of men who have a heart attack become clinically depressed. I never got that, but I did get over the top mad. My tractor saved me, mentally I mean and I would suggest anyone with this type problem get a tractor, you will be glad you did. My wife no longer sees me as an invalid, but is amazed at everything I have accomplished and the list of chores I still have. I live in Lexington, SC where we do not have much snow so I can not speak of the tractor's ability to handle that particular chore, but the BX has been more than up to everything I have thrown at it. I hate to ramble, but I wanted to let everyone know of the value to me my tractor has been other than just plain fun. You could spend thousands on rehab and such, but a tractor is a lot more enjoyable. I am 58 and could talk more, but I think everyone gets my point. Let me know of similar experiences, I do enjoy reading even if I don't contribute as much as I should. Harry

/ Saved me #3  
Thanks for posting. One more reason to own a tractor, any size, any brand..

/ Saved me #4  
Way to go,Harry! You rock! don-ohio :)^)

/ Saved me #5  
That is a great story and am glad you got thru the tough times and found a good outcome at the end. I just got my tractor last summer and am amazed at the things that I now find I can use it for. In Michigan we have snow and love going out and plowing and moving snow. I also find the tractor great for cleaning up 10 acres of trees and scrub. I intend to put a pool in this summer and am sure the tractor will come in handy for that task. I have a BX25 and never dream of what aid the backhoe is for tasks. Glad you posted up with the story. By the way, my dad lives in Timmonsville. Where is Lexington from their?

/ Saved me #6  
Great story Harry, there are a lot of us who depend on our tractors to do the things we no longer can and to keep us out of the house and from dropping into depression. I bought cab tractors to allow me to keep maintaining our farms after heath and age kept me off of our open station units.

/ Saved me #7  
Very true Harry.
By the sounds we have something in common,10/2010 had my massive heart attack wasn't suppose to come home now 28% working heart,I didn't get depress but it didn't take much for me to turn sour attitude towards those...just needed time to figure things out my way to cope and Mrs. and wildlife were my BIGGEST supporter.

You keep on puttering and taste life.

/ Saved me #8  
Thanks for relating your story, I can tell you this, when I have had a bad day at work, I can come home and get on the tractor, and do some kind of dirt or rock work, and all my troubles seem to melt away. You can call it therapy if you like.

James K0UA

/ Saved me #9  
Thanks for relating your story, I can tell you this, when I have had a bad day at work, I can come home and get on the tractor, and do some kind of dirt or rock work, and all my troubles seem to melt away. You can call it therapy if you like.

James K0UA
+1.

And thanks for the story Harry.