Massey GC2400 throttle cable replacement

/ Massey GC2400 throttle cable replacement #1  
Tractor
MFGC2400
I live in VT and it has been pretty cold the last few days it hasn't been above 5 degrees! Anyways when it is this cold I make sure to start and run my tractor at least 2 times a week. We had a little dusting a couple days ago and I decided to plow my little driveway and not waste the fuel by letting it just idle. Anyways I parked it in my garage like always after I was done. Today I went to run it again as it was -6 at noon and felt it smart to keep the engine running. I glow plugged it and it started fine, I went to give it some throttle and the lever wouldn't move. I knew the cable was frozen so I let it run with the hood closed to try and free it up. It started to wiggle a little so I played with it when it snapped. I called the dealership and they will have one in a few days then I realized I have never done it and don't want to screw it up. Has anyone ever done this before on one of these? I can't imagine it's going to be hard I just want to make sure there isn't something that is special about it. I hope it warms up before I decide to do this. Any help is appreciated!
Tim

/ Massey GC2400 throttle cable replacement #2  
I live in VT and it has been pretty cold the last few days it hasn't been above 5 degrees! Anyways when it is this cold I make sure to start and run my tractor at least 2 times a week. We had a little dusting a couple days ago and I decided to plow my little driveway and not waste the fuel by letting it just idle. Anyways I parked it in my garage like always after I was done. Today I went to run it again as it was -6 at noon and felt it smart to keep the engine running. I glow plugged it and it started fine, I went to give it some throttle and the lever wouldn't move. I knew the cable was frozen so I let it run with the hood closed to try and free it up. It started to wiggle a little so I played with it when it snapped. I called the dealership and they will have one in a few days then I realized I have never done it and don't want to screw it up. Has anyone ever done this before on one of these? I can't imagine it's going to be hard I just want to make sure there isn't something that is special about it. I hope it warms up before I decide to do this. Any help is appreciated!
Tim
I haven't done it, but if you don't get a response soon, repost in the Massey Ferguson Owning and Operating Forum: Massey Ferguson Owning/Operating

/ Massey GC2400 throttle cable replacement #3  
I am not sure how the MF is designed -- but the MF GC models seems to be a copy of the kubota BX. On my BX - the throttle cable is pretty much straight forward to work with. I have a pinch point halfway on cable that either gives resistance or more free moving of cable by turning a screw. I had to adjust it as I lubed it up one summer and it was too free moving and kept moving on its own when running. I can imagine the cold temps made metal contract so it probably made the pinch point even tighter so this is probably where it snapped on you if your GC is the same as BX. Have you looked at your cable yet to see how its routed and connected ?

/ Massey GC2400 throttle cable replacement #4  
It's pretty straight forward. The engine side has a jam nut set up for adjustment of your cable and the lever end just kind of "cams over" in the lever. Just follow the cable routing & be sure there's no sharp bends in it. take a few extra min. to adjust the cable when you get done to be sur eyou have full movement of the throttle control lever.

/ Massey GC2400 throttle cable replacement
Ok thanks, I will hopefully see it on Wednesday and I will do a play by play on how it's done just in case I run into something kinda funky. I need to have the 100 hour service done on it soon so if I screw up I'm sure they can look at it as well.