Help for moving fire wood wth Pallet Forks

/ Help for moving fire wood wth Pallet Forks #1  

Kubotafan

Veteran Member
Tractor
G1800AWS, B3030HSDCC, L3540HSTCC, JD710A
I just bought my first set of pallet forks for my L3540 Kubota tractor. They were used and thrown in with another purchase. I thought they might come in handy for moving fire wood from the splitter to the house. I am looking for proven methods that others have used and hope to find an idea that will work for me. I am thnking I could keep my wood in the back yard away from the house, and bring down a pallet load as I need it. Has anyone designed a box or rack that green wood could be piled on and moved later when dried?

/ Help for moving fire wood wth Pallet Forks #3  
Plenty of solutions in this one thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/157504-cheap-quick-firewood-storage-transport.html

Lots more ideas:

Do a Google image search:

site:tractorbynet.com firewood

Thanks of the link,that is what I need to do with our wood. I stack in the garage basement,our furnace is in the basement. My wife asked what are your gonna do with that extra wood that is left in the garage,I dont want it in here after wood burning season is over,afraid snakes will get in it. So that threw a red flag up.So these ideas will help next year. Bring it in on pallets. Whatevere is left,take it out on pallets. LUTT

/ Help for moving fire wood wth Pallet Forks #4  
If your forks are the bucket-mounted kind there may be a problem with the weight and lifting ability of the tractor. Having the weight at the end of bucket forks greatly increased the leverage. In any case, a heavy ballast will be necessary on the 3PH.

If it is green wood (directly from the splitter) then weight is even more a factor. Test how much you can haul and adjust your pallet stacks appropriately.

There are a lot more threads on TBN on this subject if a search is done. Try "firewood" as a search topic.

/ Help for moving fire wood wth Pallet Forks #5  
Just single pallets works for me.
You get the hang of stacking after one or two pallets and it's really not much added effort.
Only trick is don't drive too fast over uneven ground.
I do this is using 3pt mounted forks.
PC080063.JPG

/ Help for moving fire wood wth Pallet Forks #6  
Here is one made out of scrap metal 4'x4'x4'.
In the second pic I added some rebar between the pipe to make it eazier to walk into.

Attachments

• firewood tote 001.jpg
    firewood tote 001.jpg
    760.9 KB · Views: 1,012
  • firewood tote 003.jpg
    firewood tote 003.jpg
    882.4 KB · Views: 1,040
   / Help for moving fire wood wth Pallet Forks
I should have said that it is quick attach forks to attach to the FEL.