DUCKS UNLIMITED

/ DUCKS UNLIMITED #1  

tthopskin@yahoo.ca

Gold Member
Tractor
and i just got a 580 c case backhoe real good shape got another kubota 2100 .. 2 - 684 IH 2 -8 N Ford had B275 IH MF # 50 work bull MF 35 all redone 65 mf 1750 kabota
DOSE any one have anything to say about ducks unlimited ..good or bad . just bought land that they have there sign on the property ...its a project in the swamp ... any thing to watch out for or ask for will be appreciated guys thanks:eek:....:2cents:

/ DUCKS UNLIMITED #2  
Hey neighbour, :) I've had no personal dealing with them and I don't even duck hunt but but I do like that they protect wetlands.
I know several members and I've never heard the organization mentioned in a bad light.
Also I notice lots of hits when I google Ducks Unlimited Madoc
Looks like you are in DU central. :)
I 'd say you should contact them and find out what they are all about.

/ DUCKS UNLIMITED #4  
They are a great conservation organization whose goal is protecting wetlands habitat for duck breeding grounds.

/ DUCKS UNLIMITED #5  
Based on my friends who are participants with DU, they are usually very respectable gentlemen and sportsmen. Partnership with DU could be a great benefit to you as a landowner but as with any relationship it will require some effort on by parties. Be proactive and talk with your local DU chapter to learn about the project in your swamp.

/ DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hey neighbour, :) I've had no personal dealing with them and I don't even duck hunt but but I do like that they protect wetlands.
I know several members and I've never heard the organization mentioned in a bad light.
Also I notice lots of hits when I google Ducks Unlimited Madoc
Looks like you are in DU central. :)
I 'd say you should contact them and find out what they are all about.

thanks neighbor . i did call just waiting for the call back from the area big cheese lol

/ DUCKS UNLIMITED
thanks for the reply's guys good to know you guys read my post thanks again .. i called and it sounds good

/ DUCKS UNLIMITED #8  
Just be aware that there IS A REASON that DU is in the business of preserving habitat for waterfowl..... so they and their members can hopefully get the hunting rights to it. Being the new landowner, you will most likely get approached by one or more members trying to gain permission, or lease the hunting rights to it. If you are ok with that, then everybody can benefit. If you allow them access, I would require them to take out a hunting liability policy for $1mil, and you get a copy of the policy/certificate naming you as one of the insured.

/ DUCKS UNLIMITED #9  
I use to be a member years ago. My youngest Brother has been a member for around 30 years. I will say that at local chapters' meetings, there is excellent food available, such as wild game. An elaborate feast and sometimes an auction.

/ DUCKS UNLIMITED #10  
Just be aware that there IS A REASON that DU is in the business of preserving habitat for waterfowl..... so they and their members can hopefully get the hunting rights to it.
Inaccurate IMO. True, most members of that organization are hunters, but the purpose is to:
Ducks Unlimited conserves, restores, and manages wetlands and associated habitats for North America's waterfowl. These habitats also benefit other wildlife and people.
... It's about more than just hunting.