Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    and i just got a 580 c case backhoe real good shape got another kubota 2100 .. 2 - 684 IH 2 -8 N Ford had B275 IH MF # 50 work bull MF 35 all redone 65 mf 1750 kabota

Default DUCKS UNLIMITED

DOSE any one have anything to say about ducks unlimited ..good or bad . just bought land that they have there sign on the property ...its a project in the swamp ... any thing to watch out for or ask for will be appreciated guys thanks....
    JACK OF ALL TRADES MASTER OF NONE

Tig
    Tractor
    Kubota, B7100HST-D

Default Re: DUCKS UNLIMITED

Hey neighbour, I've had no personal dealing with them and I don't even duck hunt but but I do like that they protect wetlands.
    I know several members and I've never heard the organization mentioned in a bad light.
    Also I notice lots of hits when I google Ducks Unlimited Madoc
    Looks like you are in DU central.
    I 'd say you should contact them and find out what they are all about.
    Steve

The best things in life are not things.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Sears GT

never heard of any problems in this part of the country

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3710

They are a great conservation organization whose goal is protecting wetlands habitat for duck breeding grounds.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100F IH McCormick Farmall 140, Massey Ferguson 135

Based on my friends who are participants with DU, they are usually very respectable gentlemen and sportsmen. Partnership with DU could be a great benefit to you as a landowner but as with any relationship it will require some effort on by parties. Be proactive and talk with your local DU chapter to learn about the project in your swamp.

Tractor
    and i just got a 580 c case backhoe real good shape got another kubota 2100 .. 2 - 684 IH 2 -8 N Ford had B275 IH MF # 50 work bull MF 35 all redone 65 mf 1750 kabota

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Hey neighbour, I've had no personal dealing with them and I don't even duck hunt but but I do like that they protect wetlands.
    I know several members and I've never heard the organization mentioned in a bad light.
    Also I notice lots of hits when I google Ducks Unlimited Madoc
    Looks like you are in DU central.
    I 'd say you should contact them and find out what they are all about.
    thanks neighbor . i did call just waiting for the call back from the area big cheese lol

Tractor

thanks for the reply's guys good to know you guys read my post thanks again .. i called and it sounds good

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

Just be aware that there IS A REASON that DU is in the business of preserving habitat for waterfowl..... so they and their members can hopefully get the hunting rights to it. Being the new landowner, you will most likely get approached by one or more members trying to gain permission, or lease the hunting rights to it. If you are ok with that, then everybody can benefit. If you allow them access, I would require them to take out a hunting liability policy for $1mil, and you get a copy of the policy/certificate naming you as one of the insured.
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

I use to be a member years ago. My youngest Brother has been a member for around 30 years. I will say that at local chapters' meetings, there is excellent food available, such as wild game. An elaborate feast and sometimes an auction.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

1GB
    Tractor
    JD2010

Quote Originally Posted by kebo View Post
    Just be aware that there IS A REASON that DU is in the business of preserving habitat for waterfowl..... so they and their members can hopefully get the hunting rights to it.
    Inaccurate IMO. True, most members of that organization are hunters, but the purpose is to:
    Ducks Unlimited conserves, restores, and manages wetlands and associated habitats for North America's waterfowl. These habitats also benefit other wildlife and people.
    ... It's about more than just hunting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast