Suggestion on tractor to lift big round bales

/ Suggestion on tractor to lift big round bales #11  
If you pull up tractor data.com you can side by side compare loaders. The 553 JD that fits on the 5xxxE tractors and others lifts 3133 lbs to full height and the Kabota LA1153 loader lifts 2326 to full height but reaches 10 inches higher. Both should do 1000 -1500 lb bales easily on a properly set up and ballasted tractor. Having the rear tire tread set to it's widest width and the rear tires loaded plus a 1000 to 2000 lb counterweight gives the widest safety margins and places the least strain on the front axle parts.

/ Suggestion on tractor to lift big round bales
thanks for the great suggestions! We'll be handling round bales moving from the pasture onto a 16 ft trailer and stacking in a barn. Have 45 acres half in coastal hay we'll be cutting but not bailing ourselves. Some hills so a good counter balance is a must, and looking at a 4wd. good thought about the auto transmission, didnt consider that previously. MUCH appreciated to y'all that replied.

/ Suggestion on tractor to lift big round bales #13  
A tightly wound, fresh cut big coastal bale will be every bit of 1500lbs, perhaps more. If rained on, clearly more until it dries out.

/ Suggestion on tractor to lift big round bales #14  
thanks for the great suggestions! We'll be handling round bales moving from the pasture onto a 16 ft trailer and stacking in a barn. Have 45 acres half in coastal hay we'll be cutting but not bailing ourselves. Some hills so a good counter balance is a must, and looking at a 4wd. good thought about the auto transmission, didnt consider that previously. MUCH appreciated to y'all that replied.
I have no trouble doing loader work with my gear type transmission in a JD5045E. It is just a matter of what you are used too and I find the fact it is sincroed forward to reverse in all three ranges to be all I need. Test drive both types and see how You like each.

/ Suggestion on tractor to lift big round bales #15  
Bale handling on a friends farm picture.

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

/ Suggestion on tractor to lift big round bales #16  
a 7040 fel hydrolic shuddle shift loaded rear cast centers and 3 extra wheel wieghts will lift round bales and carry them safely i lift alot heavier then that if you need proof FOREMAN ETEXAS bales round bales with his 2 7040 s and loades them

/ Suggestion on tractor to lift big round bales #17  
This has got to be my favorite bale mover!

image-1939097235.jpg