Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ?

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #11  
I do the maintenance work. Fortunately I can handle most repairs but I have a realistic idea of my limitations. I wouldn't venture into engine internals. The most involved repair I've done was probably when I split my Ford to replace the clutch.

Fuel comes from a convenience store that sells ORD in 5 gallon yellow cans.

Last edited:
   / Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #12  
I do everything I can to all of our equipment. The last time we used a dealer was for installing a new piston liner in one of our bigger tractors. All of our fuel is ag, purchased from a CFN station.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #13  
I've done everything on my used TC30 so far. Even if I have to rebuild the engine (not likely in the near future) I plan on doing the work myself except for any machine shop work. It's the reason I bought used and saved a chunk of change - if used but not abused, these things can outlive their owners.

And fuel is from a regular gas station whenever I fill up the Rover - I don't burn enough to buy ag fuel. I do add Optilube though.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #14  
I hate to admit I use ULSD because its just easier. I dont like it, it doest even have that good diesel smell, and it probably long term is not good for an old 1976 engine.

Last edited:
   / Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #15  
I have done everything on the Bobcat skid steers myself, welding, maintenance and repairs. I would hand it to the dealer if it was a serious issue - something that needed more than a days worth of work from me.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #16  
I do everything for maintance in my Kubota. I would be comfortable doing even major repairs, its just a matter if I feel like it or have the time. So far I've been lucky, just routine mainance for my BX.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #17  
Ours has only been back to the dealer once, for a leaky brake arm seal. We do our own maintenance and repairs now that warranty has expired.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #18  
I have with the exception of one time with my skid steer brought any of my equipment to a dealer for repair. That time I was in a time crunch and needed it done now for a paying side job.

Two winters ago I rebuilt one of my 4020's pretty much from the ground up. Should be good for another 50 years now, the other one if I decide to keep it will get the same treatment next winter. That being said, the newer tractors are a bit more complicated than the old iron. There is a possibility that if and when my TD5050 goes down it may have to go to the dealer for repair if its related to the computers or maybe even electrical.

As far as fuel goes. I get it delivered 500 gallons at a time and have a 75 gallon drag up tank in the back of my truck for refueling tractors in the field.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #19  
We bought our L3830 new in 2004, and, knock on wood, the only time I've had to take it to a shop so far was when I punctured a loaded rear tire. When we got the tractor I bought the shop manual and the parts manual, but I don't find them very helpful. Better than nothing, I guess, but the shop manual leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.
I buy as much maintenance stuff as I can at NAPA, but most parts and special filters have to come from Kubota, especially the super-duper HST fliud.
We're lucky that where we are now, the local gas station has off road diesel.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #20  
I do all my own work everything from my cars, trucks and tractor. At least I know it is done right, not saying dealers are bad but I am saying I have higher standards than most. Only service my tractor saw at the dealer was the 50hr to maintain warranty, took it home and front Axel fluid was low, promptly redid the whole service. For fuel I use the yellow can because I had to get rid of my yard tank after I punched out the building inspector over an unrelated dispute, he got fired I got probation.