Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ?

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #21  
well same here as most i do all the work on my tractor my truck's and ever day driver's. if i run into a major problem that im not sure about i call a guy who worked for new holland for several year's. i help him with his vehicle's he helps me with the tractor. i get my fuel 10 gallons at a time from local station has ORD. i have just seen so much bad work come out of dealler ships that i am very hesitant about letting them work on anything of mine.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #22  
I now do 100% of the work on all my equipment and vehicles. I truly believe most dealer mechanics are vastly incompetent and would never allow them to lay a wrench on my things. This is based on many bad experiences in the past with my own and my family's vehicles/equipment. I even go as far as to do my own work even if it is covered under warranty, I'd rather eat the cost of parts and have it done right than have something else go wrong due to the mechanics screwing something up.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #23  
240 hours on my BX so far and it hasn't seen the dealer since delivery. I do all the easy stuff myself and you'd be amazed at what you can find in tutorials on this site and others. Check youtube also, I recently watched a video on replacing bearings for a rear mower deck.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #24  
Typically do all my own work on every thing from appliances ,motorcycles to my tractors. Usualy get ORD locally in 55 gallon drum and transfer it to a 300 gallon tank. Mine is all treated with a biocide to prevent algae growth , and a stabilizer/lubricant/antigel

Dave

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #25  
We do everything from service to tyre changes to engine rebuilds / clutches etc . Transmissions and computer is about all we are'nt brave enough to do . Then we wont use dealer and prefer a good private mechanic .
And i wont touch small gas engines :)

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #26  
I do my own maintenance, but in about 1500 hours in 10 years, nothing serious has needed to be repaired. I did have one loaded rear tire that I backed over a fresh stump and pinched the tube, that I took to a tire shop that does truck and tractor tires.

With a gear transmission, no computers, no cab, etc., it's a pretty simple machine as far as things that can malfunction goes.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #27  
I try to do most everything myself. However, "a man's got to know his limitations" said in my best Clint Eastwood voice. Simple oil change or unbolt and rebolt parts I do. Internals or electronics, dealer does. Occasionally you can get lucky and find by word of mouth a dealer mechanic that does side work cheaper (relatively speaking). As far as diesel, I lucked onto a craigslist tank with a 12 volt gasboy pump. I have the local co-op bring offroad diesel in bulk. For the gasonline tractors, that comes in 2.5 and 5 gallon cans. Kroger offers reward points that can be redeamed on gas. 100 points is $.10 a gallon up to 35 gallons.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #28  
Same here. As much of the maintainance as possible. Dyed fuel. A bit further to get but the process difference makes it a no brainer.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #29  
I do all my own work once the warranty expires.
Fluids I dont trust the shop guys to take as much care as i do.
I use road diesel only because the 3320 uses so little but i've been toying with buying 100gal tank from the local co-op. 100 gal would last me a crazy long time.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #30  
Fluids, filters, and the like we do ourselves most of the time. For repairs, it goes out to the dealer. We buy ULSD at the local service station.