Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ?

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #1  

Grumpy Old Man

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere and Case
I was wondering how many of you actually service your own tractor ? or do you call the dealer to pick it up for an oil change / repairs ? Do you buy ag fuel or gas station diesel ?

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #2  
Things like oil changes do myself other things more mechanical let dealer take care of. All diesel fuel on road so if truck runs low will not run afoul of law. Most comes from unmanned Quarles Fuel Stations

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #3  
I've had more then my share of headaches from "dealer mechanics" not writting all are bad but there are those that like to "cut corners".

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #4  
We do all of our own maintenance as well as minor repairs and buy farm fuel in bulk.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #5  
So far - since 2007 - I've done all my own maintenance. Hope to continue that trend.
Fuel comes from the Mobil about 1/2 mi up the street via yellows jugs in the trunk of my car.
Thinking about getting one of those tote tanks and having diesel delivered so I don't have to pay road tax.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #6  
I have never set foot in a Kubota dealer. I bought my L285 from a private seller. I frankly couldnt afford dealer mechanics, and im not big on $35 oil filters from Kubota, so I use the $3.50 Fram Ph8. I use off brand TSC hydralic or what ever I can bumm from the fuel man at work. I have no brand loyalty, ive got a green frontier BB, a blue ford flail mower, and an ugly homemade middlebuster plow. I have ordered PTO shafts/belts/ect from ASC(agri supply comp).

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #8  
I do my own maintenance and repairs. Ag fuel is an extra ten miles away from here at a more expensive station, so it's road diesel for me.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #9  
I do my own lof's and mechanical work once out of warranty. Some things such as tire changes where a plug won't work I use a tire store. Haven't had a job come up in the past 15 years that I couldn't do but wouldn't hesitate to take it in if beyond my scope. For most small problems it is faster and cheaper to do them myself allowing me to get back to work.

/ Do you maintain/repair your own equipment or dealer service/repairs for you ? #10  
Like a lot of others, I do my own maintenance and minor repairs. It's road diesel for me simply for convenience. I don't use enough to justify an on site tank, and there are not any off road diesel sellers near enough to go out of my way for it.