Looking for large air couplers

/ Looking for large air couplers #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
I have a 1.25" air hose with 1.25" male NPT threads that I am trying to find some sort of quick coupler for to attach it to a 210 CFM compressor and a rock drill.

I have not been able to find anything this large. The typical crow foot connectors on the compressors are much smaller than the 1.25". I would rather not step it down as I need all the air flow I can get.

Any ideas?

/ Looking for large air couplers #2  
check out "cam and groove" couplers, I know these go up to like 6", but not sure if they are rated for 100psi. Also check out "chicago" style couplers. They are what I see on larger air hoses- usually 1", but they may go larger.

/ Looking for large air couplers #4  
I've always gotten any connector I needed from the local equipment rental companies. I've seen them called Crowsfoot, Air King, Universal, and Chicago air couplers. You should have no problems finding larger couplings for air hoses. For a short time I ran a crew doing lead abatement on truss bridges and used IR 1650 CFM air compressors with 2" air lines feeding the blast pot and 1 1/2" air lines for the steel grit blasting lines. Once you get over the 3/4" ID hose it gets kind of hard to handle. I think you can find couplers on ebay up to 1" pretty easily. A 1" hole is almost 4 times the size of a 3/4" hole.

/ Looking for large air couplers
Thanks for the replies. I checked with Fastnel on the chicago style couplers. The 1.25's are two weeks until delivery. They said they are very uncommon. Did a google search and found a couple of other people that listed them and got the same answer. The smaller ones they have in stock. I really need them here by Friday as I hope to be drilling on Monday.

I found these BANJO Female Coupler, 1-1/4 In, Female Thread - Cam Lever Couplings and Gaskets - 1DPK9|125D - Grainger Industrial Supply banjo couplings which are what I think are the cam and groove. They say rated for 125 psi so it should be ok but I am a bit concerned since they are plastic. Would these work?

/ Looking for large air couplers #6  
yes, they are the same thing, I just forgot about the banjo name. Though the plastic ones we use are only used on low pressure- mostly gravity feeding liquids. I know that they make aluminum ones, may hold more pressure. The plastic ones are probably ok, especially if just used temporarily. I think they would be okay for the pressure, just not as durable. Could you just get some barb fittings and hose clamps to hold you over until the the other ones came in?

/ Looking for large air couplers
I just found and ordered some stainless steel banjo couplers. The drill is mounted on a skid steer and the compressor is mounted on another vehicle. We hope to be drilling 25+ holes a day so lots of connecting and disconnecting as we move around. Also the hoses I bought have factory NPT ends on them so I did not want to cut them.

/ Looking for large air couplers #8  
Glad you got the SS connectors, because I would think the plastic connectors would not handle the heat as well as the pressure.