Tractor insurance

/ Tractor insurance #1  

jkirt

Tractor
LS 4020
Does anybody know of a insurance company that will provide Theft ,and liability insurance for a tractor,
we sold or home in Az and now live in a rental home ,while we are building our new home appx 2 miles down the road.

/ Tractor insurance #2  
For theft, I have what's called an inland marine policy. That's what my agent recommended. As for liability, I don't know. I'm with Shelter, if that helps.

/ Tractor insurance #3  
I don't know how this fits into "building a home". But Homeowner's Insurance can cover the theft of a tractor according to the value of the tractor and the deductable you choose. The same is true for the liability as long as the tractor is on the HO's property. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. In the case of theft, the tractor just comes under the list of personal possessions that are included in the policy.....at least that's the way mine is set up.....I think.

/ Tractor insurance #4  
I don't know how this fits into "building a home". But Homeowner's Insurance can cover the theft of a tractor according to the value of the tractor and the deductable you choose. The same is true for the liability as long as the tractor is on the HO's property. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Depends entirely on the policy. Don't assume. Some policies wouldn't cover a tractor, or would require that the tractor have its own rider (or whatever you call it). Lots of policies have limits on what they cover, to protect the insurance company.

/ Tractor insurance #5  
Does anybody know of a insurance company that will provide Theft ,and liability insurance for a tractor,
we sold or home in Az and now live in a rental home ,while we are building our new home appx 2 miles down the road.

SENTRY INSURANCE. IT IS THE COMPANY THAT JOHN DEERE USES. BEST PRICE AND COVERAGE. THEY SPECIALIZE IN AG EQUIPMENT. I WOULD GIVE YOU THE NUMBER BUT IT IS IN MY DESK AT WORK.

/ Tractor insurance #7  
I'll speak on this as a Tractor owner AND an Insurance Agent. The comment regarding the tractor being insured on the home policy is mostly correct...where most companies hang their hat is on the language that says that the tractor is used to maintain the primary residence. If you are in a rental property and not using it this way I'd be afraid to 'assume'. My current Auto policy (Farmers) has a rider for THEFT and 'UPSET' of my John Deere tractor. Not much extra for adding the rider.....you might ask about a rider on the Auto you have.

/ Tractor insurance
SENTRY INSURANCE. IT IS THE COMPANY THAT JOHN DEERE USES. BEST PRICE AND COVERAGE. THEY SPECIALIZE IN AG EQUIPMENT. I WOULD GIVE YOU THE NUMBER BUT IT IS IN MY DESK AT WORK.

Ok thanks for all the response,but still striking out . Key word here is ,yes we own property ,but the dwelling is not built yet. We are in a rental home ,hence NO homeowners policy in affect yet, my biggest worry is theft.

Sentry will write a commercial policy.

Still looking for help here.

/ Tractor insurance #9  
In South Carolina I use Farm Bureau Ins. They specialize in equipment and liability for land.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Tractor insurance #10  
State farm sells an inland marine policy that will pay for theft, damage and liabiality. I have it for mine due to commercial snow plowing. Not too expensive. to protect $45,000 in tractor and equipment i pay $142.00 premium/ 6 mts. 500 deductable. 300,000/600,000 liabiality