Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    LS 4020

Default Tractor insurance

Does anybody know of a insurance company that will provide Theft ,and liability insurance for a tractor,
    we sold or home in Az and now live in a rental home ,while we are building our new home appx 2 miles down the road.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: Tractor insurance

For theft, I have what's called an inland marine policy. That's what my agent recommended. As for liability, I don't know. I'm with Shelter, if that helps.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 (2012)

I don't know how this fits into "building a home". But Homeowner's Insurance can cover the theft of a tractor according to the value of the tractor and the deductable you choose. The same is true for the liability as long as the tractor is on the HO's property. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. In the case of theft, the tractor just comes under the list of personal possessions that are included in the policy.....at least that's the way mine is set up.....I think.
    Kubota B2620 HST

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by oldballs View Post
    I don't know how this fits into "building a home". But Homeowner's Insurance can cover the theft of a tractor according to the value of the tractor and the deductable you choose. The same is true for the liability as long as the tractor is on the HO's property. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Depends entirely on the policy. Don't assume. Some policies wouldn't cover a tractor, or would require that the tractor have its own rider (or whatever you call it). Lots of policies have limits on what they cover, to protect the insurance company.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520

Quote Originally Posted by jkirt View Post
    Does anybody know of a insurance company that will provide Theft ,and liability insurance for a tractor,
    we sold or home in Az and now live in a rental home ,while we are building our new home appx 2 miles down the road.
    SENTRY INSURANCE. IT IS THE COMPANY THAT JOHN DEERE USES. BEST PRICE AND COVERAGE. THEY SPECIALIZE IN AG EQUIPMENT. I WOULD GIVE YOU THE NUMBER BUT IT IS IN MY DESK AT WORK.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SC

I added my tractor and implements (which are all stored/parked outdoors) to my homeowner's policy.

Tractor
    John Deere 5103

I'll speak on this as a Tractor owner AND an Insurance Agent. The comment regarding the tractor being insured on the home policy is mostly correct...where most companies hang their hat is on the language that says that the tractor is used to maintain the primary residence. If you are in a rental property and not using it this way I'd be afraid to 'assume'. My current Auto policy (Farmers) has a rider for THEFT and 'UPSET' of my John Deere tractor. Not much extra for adding the rider.....you might ask about a rider on the Auto you have.

Tractor
    LS 4020

Quote Originally Posted by xrjohndeere View Post
    SENTRY INSURANCE. IT IS THE COMPANY THAT JOHN DEERE USES. BEST PRICE AND COVERAGE. THEY SPECIALIZE IN AG EQUIPMENT. I WOULD GIVE YOU THE NUMBER BUT IT IS IN MY DESK AT WORK.
    Ok thanks for all the response,but still striking out . Key word here is ,yes we own property ,but the dwelling is not built yet. We are in a rental home ,hence NO homeowners policy in affect yet, my biggest worry is theft.

Sentry will write a commercial policy.

Still looking for help here.

Tractor
    John Deere 5325, CI Farmall 85U, Mccormick International 404

In South Carolina I use Farm Bureau Ins. They specialize in equipment and liability for land.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

State farm sells an inland marine policy that will pay for theft, damage and liabiality. I have it for mine due to commercial snow plowing. Not too expensive. to protect $45,000 in tractor and equipment i pay $142.00 premium/ 6 mts. 500 deductable. 300,000/600,000 liabiality
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast