Tractor
    Tractor King 254

Default Jinma 254 igintion problem

Help, my Jinma 254 tractor blows the fuse when I try to start it. I have replaced both the switch on the clutch and the ignition switch. When I turn the key I sometimes get the starter to run and have started the tractor but then find the fuse is blown when I go to start it the next time. Other times it just blows the fuse. What else can cause the fuse to blow. Bad glow plug?
    Thanks in advance.
    John Carr

Tractor
    nortrac nt254b

Default Re: Jinma 254 igintion problem

i would check the glow plugs next. 1 or more maybe shorted to ground. also check the wiring for the glow plugs.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 354, purchased 2007

Quote Originally Posted by john carr View Post
    Help, my Jinma 254 tractor blows the fuse when I try to start it. I have replaced both the switch on the clutch and the ignition switch. When I turn the key I sometimes get the starter to run and have started the tractor but then find the fuse is blown when I go to start it the next time. Other times it just blows the fuse. What else can cause the fuse to blow. Bad glow plug?
    Thanks in advance.
    John Carr
    On mine, you turn the key clockwise to start with the glow plugs, counter clockwise to start without. Try starting counter-clockwise and see if that helps -- assuming you don't need glow plugs this time of year.

Tractor
    Tractor King 254

211-13
    Thanks for the info. I rewired the glow plugs using #12 wire on a separate circuit. Everything seem to work Sat. Now it's Monday morning and I seem to be back to square one except the Glow plugs are not the problem. When I tried to start the tractor it initially fired. But when I tried it a second time it started to blow the fuse again. Also when I turn the switch counter-clockwise nothing happens other than the lights will work. I am next going replace the wire from the switch to the starter with a in-fuse and see if that is the problem! Any ideas