Love it? Or list it?

/ Love it? Or list it? #1  

TC 30 Pilot

Tractor
2007 TC 30 with all the trimmin's
Dear fellow tractor owners,

I have a question regarding a 2007 New Holland TC30 with 1700 regularly maintained hours. Will rebuilding, replacing, or some other form of upgrading the hydraulic cylinders affect in any way, shape or form: the velocity of my bucket?

Or do I have to buy a faster tractor for that to happen?

/ Love it? Or list it? #2  
Smaller diameter cylinders would spped up the extending/retracting of your cylinders but would reduce the lifting capabilities.

/ Love it? Or list it? #3  
How fast and how powerful your bucket is starts with the pressure and flow of the hydraulic system feeding fluid to the loader cylinders. Unless the cylinders themselves are damaged, replacing them will likely not help you much. If you put smaller cylinders in, I suppose it might operate faster since there is less volume that gets filled as it operates, but there is less power since it's physically smaller. Larger cylinders would be just the reverse... slower with more power. If things aren't working quite right, I'd be looking at the hydraulic system itself for any problems... bad pump, filters clogged, damaged lines, relief valve problem, control valve problem, etc.

Is this a new problem or has it always been like that or are you just trying to step up its performance? Do the other parts of the TC30 work properly, such as the 3 point lift and the power steering? They run off the same hydraulic system.

/ Love it? Or list it? #4  
Checking the relief setting of the loader valve would be a good place to start to see if there is a loader problem. I know my FEL seemed weak and I checked the relief pressure and it was a few hundred PSI low. I added shims to the releif pressure up to spec and it was like a new machine.