Wow! If I lived in New England!

/ Wow! If I lived in New England! #21  
"Fun" is a subjective term, but I think few would argue that it's not more fun to move snow around with a tractor than with a shovel...

Exactly!
When I got home from work last night a car was parked in our street. Normally this is no big whoop, but the town plow only cleared a very narrow passage through the street, so I had to drive very carefully to avoid knockin' doors with the parked car. When I walked down my drive to the mailbox I saw my neighbor shovelling. Apparently he got stuck out of town and came home to 24" of snow that had been rained on & piled and compacted by the town plow. No way he was getting in his drive, hence the parked car in the street. His walk behind snow blower could just barely move the snow up to the point where the plow had stacked and compressed it. Then it just died. So now he was out there in the dark with a snow shovel trying to open enough room to get his car off the street, knowing that the garbage truck would be lumbering through this morning. He was having no fun at all. I was able to open up a space for him to park at the end of his drive with the tractor's FEL. He was glad to be done with it and I was happy that he didn't have a heart attack in the process. And yes, I had fun helping out my good neighbor.

/ Wow! If I lived in New England! #23  
All of us should feel very fortunate that we are able to own equipment that allows us to be self sufficient.
It is a good feeling to be able to help others who need it.

/ Wow! If I lived in New England! #24  
All of us should feel very fortunate that we are able to own equipment that allows us to be self sufficient.

Yes......:drink:

/ Wow! If I lived in New England! #25  
100 percent!

I can't help myself from helping others. What a waste to just horde my tractors capability to myself.

The only sad part sometimes is that awkward moment where something thinks I am asking if they want help and they think it involves money..... Not very often, but has happened.

/ Wow! If I lived in New England! #26  
I dont use my CUT to plow...Use my 1 ton dump with V plow for that....Although I did use the loader to move some snow banks, even tho I didnt need to.
The tractor was sittin there lookin lonely, so why not???

Good job helpin out a neighbor.

/ Wow! If I lived in New England!
Yep! I've had the privilege to plow out many a neighbor(can't help èm if they have a typical asphalt drive,though,the machine's too heavy).
After a heavy snow, people really appreciate it when you clear their roadway or personal driveway.
Doesn't happen very often in Southern Ohio, but I'm ready for it if it does. I've been helped out before in many ways,and òne good turn deserves another',is the way I feel about it. don-ohio :thumbsup: