20 hp honda v-twin

/ 20 hp honda v-twin #1  

AroniaFarmer

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM T603 52' Ford 8N
I guess that it has been a good reliable engine in my 2007 club car utv but it has had an annoying problem for several years. I cannot remember if it did it when it was new, but When you hit the gas it putts and spits for a while, like it is missing a cylinder, then takes off like every thing is just dandy. It's not a serious problem but it is absolutely horrible in the cold, you have to let it warm up for a few mins before it won't stall. It does it not as bad when you have been moving hay for an hour. It will not do it if you briefly put the choke in and out. Thanks for any reply that I get.

/ 20 hp honda v-twin #2  
Lack of fuel. Check out the whole system.

/ 20 hp honda v-twin #3  
sounds like a low speed mixture problem. I don't know if that carb has adjustable low speed needle or not. but thats where I would start.

/ 20 hp honda v-twin #4  
I guess that it has been a good reliable engine in my 2007 club car utv but it has had an annoying problem for several years. I cannot remember if it did it when it was new, but When you hit the gas it putts and spits for a while, like it is missing a cylinder, then takes off like every thing is just dandy. It's not a serious problem but it is absolutely horrible in the cold, you have to let it warm up for a few mins before it won't stall. It does it not as bad when you have been moving hay for an hour. It will not do it if you briefly put the choke in and out. Thanks for any reply that I get.

Putting the choke in/out and it runs better is a good sign of fuel starvation (lean mixture). Before I got into the carb, etc., I would first try "Sea Foam" Sea Foam Motor Treatment, 16 oz - Walmart.com in the fuel tank to see if that helps clear it up.

/ 20 hp honda v-twin
duroc said:
Putting the choke in/out and it runs better is a good sign of fuel starvation (lean mixture). Before I got into the carb, etc., I would first try "Sea Foam" Sea Foam Motor Treatment, 16 oz - Walmart.com in the fuel tank to see if that helps clear it up.

I have some sea foam on hand. I'll give that a try before starting with the carb