Bronze Member
    Tractor
    TYM T603 52' Ford 8N

I guess that it has been a good reliable engine in my 2007 club car utv but it has had an annoying problem for several years. I cannot remember if it did it when it was new, but When you hit the gas it putts and spits for a while, like it is missing a cylinder, then takes off like every thing is just dandy. It's not a serious problem but it is absolutely horrible in the cold, you have to let it warm up for a few mins before it won't stall. It does it not as bad when you have been moving hay for an hour. It will not do it if you briefly put the choke in and out. Thanks for any reply that I get.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: 20 hp honda v-twin

Lack of fuel. Check out the whole system.
    Murph ------------

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS R4047

sounds like a low speed mixture problem. I don't know if that carb has adjustable low speed needle or not. but thats where I would start.
    2012 LS R4047 , FEL , Backhoe, kingkutter finish mower,68 " rachet rake, Titan skidsteer 72" root Grapple, JD 145,JD166 ........Dodge 3500 cummins, Kenworth w900l Cat powered ...

Tractor
    NH T1510 HST

Quote Originally Posted by AroniaFarmer View Post
    I guess that it has been a good reliable engine in my 2007 club car utv but it has had an annoying problem for several years. I cannot remember if it did it when it was new, but When you hit the gas it putts and spits for a while, like it is missing a cylinder, then takes off like every thing is just dandy. It's not a serious problem but it is absolutely horrible in the cold, you have to let it warm up for a few mins before it won't stall. It does it not as bad when you have been moving hay for an hour. It will not do it if you briefly put the choke in and out. Thanks for any reply that I get.
    Putting the choke in/out and it runs better is a good sign of fuel starvation (lean mixture). Before I got into the carb, etc., I would first try "Sea Foam" Sea Foam Motor Treatment, 16 oz - Walmart.com in the fuel tank to see if that helps clear it up.
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............................
    "If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?"

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    TYM T603 52' Ford 8N

Quote Originally Posted by duroc

Putting the choke in/out and it runs better is a good sign of fuel starvation (lean mixture). Before I got into the carb, etc., I would first try "Sea Foam" Sea Foam Motor Treatment, 16 oz - Walmart.com in the fuel tank to see if that helps clear it up.
    I have some sea foam on hand. I'll give that a try before starting with the carb