Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    TC 30 Newholland

Default Re: OK to leave my loader up?

>>--->GROUND ALL BLADES, BOOMS,AN BUCKETS<<----<<<
    "Be who you are, say what you will, those that matter wont mind, those that mind don't matter".

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

setter down on the ground.
    turn off tractor
    cycle all the hyd levers and 3pt hitch (act like you are raising and lowering FEL and 3pt hitch, with tractor off)

this will reduce chance of someone thinking all is safe and hitting a lever and loosing a toe or being trapped.

============
    i am not a real fan of most cylinder lock outs, were the lock just lays down over a cylinder rod. most that i have seen, someone could nock into fairly easy and nock the lock out of place and have things come crashing down.

treat the tractor like a industrial machinery when it comes to safety.
    Ryan

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Point taken fellas, thanks

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android
    Massey 1648 HST Cab
    QA 72'' bucket * 60" Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8' Rhino HD Back Blade * 84" Rhino Box Blade
    84" LandPride Rake * 78" KK HD Box Discs * WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Middle buster plow * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper
    Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZTR mower (25 hp Shibaura diesel)
    20' PJ Equipment Hauler/Trailer
    2008 F250 Crew V10 4x4

233 hrs @ 7/28/14

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PT 422

Yes definitely issue, also try to keep the hydraulic rams retracted, if possible, to reduce rust issues.

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

Quote Originally Posted by cqaigy2 View Post
    Yes definitely issue, also try to keep the hydraulic rams retracted, if possible, to reduce rust issues.
    X2. Ken Sweet
    http://www.sweetfarms.com/

Sweet Farm Equipment LLC (Internet Sales, Shipping All States)
    Shipping Facility
    1815 Defries Rd., Canmer, Ky 42722 Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
    Ken Sweet sweet@scrtc.com

Shipping Example: Can ship 800 lbs from Ky. to Dallas for $165
    The Northeast shipping corridor is a little more expensive.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere, several

Try that here and you will have you ***** hauled into the office for your 1st and last warning.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    john deere

As long as you have a safety brace should not be a problem , can't tell from your pictures . Lift the loader set the brace and set the loader on it . And those rods are not going to rust . We park machinery exposed and have had no problems . Those rods have a microscopic film of oil on them ,I have yet to see any rust .

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I think that you will find that if you tilt the bucket down so the cutting edge is straight up and down, it takes up about the same room as raising it up unless you can raise it to highest level. If you wish to keep it up high, then buy some cylinder lock sleeves to block it so it cant fall. Install them on the boom cylinders as many as you need, then lower the FEL to rest on these blocks. Just remember that you have to raise the FEL, remove the blocks before you can lower it down. Oh, and those things aren't cheap either.
    As for rusting the cylinder rods, just how long are we talking here, it takes a long time to remove the oil coating and rust thru the chromium plating. I have found that the biggest cause of pitting on cylinder rods is from iron contamination which causes rust to form and pit the coating. Normal storage of a few weeks or even months with rods exposed is not going to hurt it most especially if it is under a shed. We had no sheds to store our farm equipment and the disks would set with the cylinder rods exposed all winter out in the weather and we never had any rust on any of them, but they weren't laying in the dirt up against a pile of iron either. They were on the equipment at least 30" off the ground.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    john deere

I am truly amazed at what I see here .

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Try removing whatever is attached to the loader and you will find some extra walking room in front of your QA plates when in the barn. I would NEVER leave a loader in the up position unless doing maintenance, and then only with something supporting it safely.
    Accidents are preventable, especially if one does not allow for potential known results to likely occur.
    Think ahead, be safe.
    Thanks for asking- it's a good question, but not worth the risk for a few feet of extra space. JMHO.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast