Loader OK to leave my loader up?

/ OK to leave my loader up? #11  
>>--->GROUND ALL BLADES, BOOMS,AN BUCKETS<<----<<<

/ OK to leave my loader up? #12  
setter down on the ground.
turn off tractor
cycle all the hyd levers and 3pt hitch (act like you are raising and lowering FEL and 3pt hitch, with tractor off)

this will reduce chance of someone thinking all is safe and hitting a lever and loosing a toe or being trapped.

============
i am not a real fan of most cylinder lock outs, were the lock just lays down over a cylinder rod. most that i have seen, someone could nock into fairly easy and nock the lock out of place and have things come crashing down.

treat the tractor like a industrial machinery when it comes to safety.

/ OK to leave my loader up?
Point taken fellas, thanks

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android

/ OK to leave my loader up? #17  
As long as you have a safety brace should not be a problem , can't tell from your pictures . Lift the loader set the brace and set the loader on it . And those rods are not going to rust . We park machinery exposed and have had no problems . Those rods have a microscopic film of oil on them ,I have yet to see any rust .

/ OK to leave my loader up? #18  
I think that you will find that if you tilt the bucket down so the cutting edge is straight up and down, it takes up about the same room as raising it up unless you can raise it to highest level. If you wish to keep it up high, then buy some cylinder lock sleeves to block it so it cant fall. Install them on the boom cylinders as many as you need, then lower the FEL to rest on these blocks. Just remember that you have to raise the FEL, remove the blocks before you can lower it down. Oh, and those things aren't cheap either.
As for rusting the cylinder rods, just how long are we talking here, it takes a long time to remove the oil coating and rust thru the chromium plating. I have found that the biggest cause of pitting on cylinder rods is from iron contamination which causes rust to form and pit the coating. Normal storage of a few weeks or even months with rods exposed is not going to hurt it most especially if it is under a shed. We had no sheds to store our farm equipment and the disks would set with the cylinder rods exposed all winter out in the weather and we never had any rust on any of them, but they weren't laying in the dirt up against a pile of iron either. They were on the equipment at least 30" off the ground.

/ OK to leave my loader up? #19  
I am truly amazed at what I see here .

/ OK to leave my loader up? #20  
Try removing whatever is attached to the loader and you will find some extra walking room in front of your QA plates when in the barn. I would NEVER leave a loader in the up position unless doing maintenance, and then only with something supporting it safely.
Accidents are preventable, especially if one does not allow for potential known results to likely occur.
Think ahead, be safe.
Thanks for asking- it's a good question, but not worth the risk for a few feet of extra space. JMHO.