Loader Broken FEL Control Handle

/ Broken FEL Control Handle #1  

OBWON

2006 MF 1533 with a broken FEL control handle caused by someone getting off the tractor to the right and bumped it hard with his hip. Anybody know where I can get a replacement handle. My local dealer needs me to bring the tractor in to order the correct handle, and it's not worth my effort. Can't I just order a couple and compare them to the one that is broken and return the wrong parts? It looks pretty darn basic...just loosen the nut and replace! Heck, I'm thinking about taking off the handle on the top of the controller and using that one since I don't use it now!

843E8CEC-0BA0-4A10-8D60-99BA4DFE72B6-1198-000001414899411B_zpsf6522321.jpg

4C1127BD-439B-48D5-8AF4-CBB501E18B00-1198-000001414E4BF57E_zpse354f315.jpg

/ Broken FEL Control Handle #2  
Why not take the broken parts into the dealer and have them order based off of that?

Or remove the broken part, and weld them back together?

/ Broken FEL Control Handle
Why not take the broken parts into the dealer and have them order based off of that?

Or remove the broken part, and weld them back together?

I offered to do that and he said he needed to see the different valves the specific control handle operate in person??? Didn't get that! And he wouldn't accept any photos either. I don't have a welder, but I'm thinking of just rigging something myself....it can't be that tough.

/ Broken FEL Control Handle #4  
I offered to do that and he said he needed to see the different valves the specific control handle operate in person??? Didn't get that! And he wouldn't accept any photos either. I don't have a welder, but I'm thinking of just rigging something myself....it can't be that tough.

Take the part to a weld/machine shop......have them fix it....will be much cheaper.

/ Broken FEL Control Handle #5  
I agree ,take your pieces and a picture of what it should look like to your local welder. they take great pride in fixing stuff like this. You might look for another dealer in case something serious happens in the future. It appears they can not be bothered now.

/ Broken FEL Control Handle #6  
Is the broken control handle bolted to controller or is it welded to the controller?:)

Bolted= just thread the broken handle.

Welded= take the piece off and to a welding shop.

/ Broken FEL Control Handle #7  
Is the broken control handle bolted to controller or is it welded to the controller?:)

Bolted= just thread the broken handle.

Welded= take the piece off and to a welding shop.
I agree with Ergon, the threaded end could be rethreaded and just use the old handle. Alternately, just get a piece of rolled steel and fab a new rod in the size that broke. A set of thread dies is pretty cheap. That looks to be less than 1/2" diameter material. Easy to fix. If you have enough straight rod left on the old handle, thread it or rebuild it. You would need to assure that your new threads match the valve threads. It could be metric or SAE threads, so use the broken threaded piece to measure the threads. A good machine shop could do that for you and even build a new piece in a few minutes.

/ Broken FEL Control Handle #8  
i would take the broken parts to the dealer i did the same on my bota mine sat into aluminum i busted that parts yours looks like mine did the alum parts turns onto the handle and sats in them pegs in slots

/ Broken FEL Control Handle #9  
2006 MF 1533 with a broken FEL control handle caused by someone getting off the tractor to the right and bumped it hard with his hip. Anybody know where I can get a replacement handle. My local dealer needs me to bring the tractor in to order the correct handle, and it's not worth my effort. Can't I just order a couple and compare them to the one that is broken and return the wrong parts? It looks pretty darn basic...just loosen the nut and replace! Heck, I'm thinking about taking off the handle on the top of the controller and using that one since I don't use it now!

[I made a longer lever for my lx410 by getting a 14mm bolt and welding the old handle to it. Yours is probably 12 0r 14 mm, simple job and costs a lot less.