Busted BH 77

/ Busted BH 77 #1  

abidehandy

Tractor
L3400
I came across a web post about a broken pin for the Kubota BH 77. Very interesting, now I am having second thoughts about purchasing one.
The web site (brokenkubota.com) Any similar experiences out there? Warranty issues and how the Kubota dealers dealt with the issues?

Thanks.

/ Busted BH 77 #2  
That pin has been upgraded. If it should break, it would be covered by Kubota.

/ Busted BH 77 #3  
I was familiar with that website and went back to look at it when I saw your post. It appears to not have been updated since almost two years ago. At the time there were some bad failures (a couple TBN members included) from defective pins to some BH77 units. I was in the process of ordering a BH77 at the time and put my order on hold until it was resolved and confirmed resolved by the dealer. I did go ahead with the purchase and have had no issues nor read about any similar problems since.

One person on this site, the same dealer I purchased from, had the broken pin issue at the time and was promptly taken care of by the dealer. Obviously the gentleman with the website was not happy.

I did contact Kubota after my purchase (July 2011) with a request for a list of all affected BH77's serial numbers. They would not provide a list, but only state that my serial number was not on the list. I think it has been long enough that you shouldn't have too much of a concern going ahead with your purchase.

/ Busted BH 77
Great, thank you, I did notice the date of the site. I was just a little concerned to at least how this was handled according to the purchaser. When one spends a significant amount of money, that is the case for my anyway, I need to make certain that I get the proper value for the money spent. After all this is an investment and I need to be a good steward of those investments.
I appreciate the attention and response to my concern.

/ Busted BH 77 #5  
I created the web site because Kubota tried to pull a fast one and not replace my 3 hour old backhoe. They pretty much tried to give me a frankenstien replacement. That is a backhoe reconstructed from parts scavenged from another machine. They also tried to not replace the rams that had gouged journals. They figured that one person couldn't do anything about there poor customer service and unwillingness to stand behind the Bh 77. The dealer even accused me of backing into a tree before admitting the pin problem. If I had not done the website thing ,they would not have replaced the backhoe twice. (Frankenstien backhoe pin broke too). They now have the website for life because they ripped me out of 2 mos of warranty, I wanted my warranty to start from when I recieved a non defective bh 77, so brokenkubota dot com lives on for all to see. The moral of the story is DO NOT THINK KUBOTA HAS YOUR BACK ,even if your backhoe is 3 hours old.:thumbdown:

I came across a web post about a broken
pin for the Kubota BH 77. Very interesting, now I am having second thoughts about purchasing one.
The web site (brokenkubota.com) Any similar experiences out there? Warranty issues and how the Kubota dealers dealt with the issues?

Thanks.

/ Busted BH 77 #6  
I created the web site because Kubota tried to pull a fast one and not replace my 3 hour old backhoe. They pretty much tried to give me a frankenstien replacement. That is a backhoe reconstructed from parts scavenged from another machine. They also tried to not replace the rams that had gouged journals. They figured that one person couldn't do anything about there poor customer service and unwillingness to stand behind the Bh 77. The dealer even accused me of backing into a tree before admitting the pin problem. If I had not done the website thing ,they would not have replaced the backhoe twice. (Frankenstien backhoe pin broke too). They now have the website for life because they ripped me out of 2 mos of warranty, I wanted my warranty to start from when I recieved a non defective bh 77, so brokenkubota dot com lives on for all to see. The moral of the story is DO NOT THINK KUBOTA HAS YOUR BACK ,even if your backhoe is 3 hours old.:thumbdown:

:welcome: To TBN

/ Busted BH 77 #7  
:welcome: To TBN

You have been greeted by the duly appointed welcome committee. 3000 out of 4686 posts was the qualification for appointment.

It's nice to see people stand up for themselves. I like it.

But if I may say, it seems sorta harsh to implicate Kubota as a whole. Seems like your Dealer was the offending party. There are lot's of stories of excellent Kubota Service and customer care. I can't imagine they gained the reputation they have by jerking people around at the corporate level. I am not a Bota Fan Boy either. Just seems a bit harsh is all.

/ Busted BH 77 #8  
Kubota tells the dealer what to replace thats how it works, I went over the dealers head . They have guys that oversee warranty claims and they approve the repairs or replacements. Kubota calls the shots! Harsh! Give me 30,000 bucks for a tractor and have it break 3 hours into digging your first hole and sit back while I try to side step replacing your equipment. See how cheerful you are.
You have been greeted by the duly appointed welcome committee. 3000 out of 4686 posts was the qualification for appointment.

It's nice to see people stand up for themselves. I like it.

But if I may say, it seems sorta harsh to implicate Kubota as a whole. Seems like your Dealer was the offending party. There are lot's of stories of excellent Kubota Service and customer care. I can't imagine they gained the reputation they have by jerking people around at the corporate level. I am not a Bota Fan Boy either. Just seems a bit harsh is all.

/ Busted BH 77 #9  
Only the pin not the damage caused by the pin. What if your measly year is up on implement warranty? Now you will get ooogots! DIG SOFTLY!

That pin has been upgraded. If it should break, it would be covered by Kubota.

/ Busted BH 77 #10  
My BH77 pin snapped digging in soft sand. Pulling a pine tree stump. It had maybe 1 hour in it. My dealer did replace all the bent and broken parts under warranty. I have not used it since so I can't tell you how long it is going to last now.