This excavator was stuck since 1992

/ This excavator was stuck since 1992 #11  
Did the excavator operator go down with his "ship"?

/ This excavator was stuck since 1992 #14  
It's good they were able to reclaim it and get it out of the ground. I just hope they put up signs around that mudpit forbidding heavy equipment from getting back in it! Also, I liked how they had the tires attached to the cables/chains so if they broke, the tires would absorb the backlash.

If you go onto youtube and do some searching around you will find more videos showing a lot of other heavy equipment that has been "entombed" and abandoned in the mud or water.

/ This excavator was stuck since 1992 #15  
It's good they were able to reclaim it and get it out of the ground. I just hope they put up signs around that mudpit forbidding heavy equipment from getting back in it! Also, I liked how they had the tires attached to the cables/chains so if they broke, the tires would absorb the backlash.

If you go onto youtube and do some searching around you will find more videos showing a lot of other heavy equipment that has been "entombed" and abandoned in the mud or water.

Just think, in a couple million years they would be wrapped in amber and discovered by some alien race.

Alien 1: my analyser says Caterpillar is a large bug. These creatures had metal bugs?
Alien 2: Maybe the bugs took over, this thing is huge.

/ This excavator was stuck since 1992 #16  
Now this is an interesting thread BUT can anyone tell me the tune that's playing in the first video? I'm really liking it :thumbsup:

/ This excavator was stuck since 1992 #19  
This was entertaining. From what it looked like was that the dozers were being assisted by a couple of excavators in the pull but there also looked like a motorized winch was in the mix as well. I wish they showed this part a little more

/ This excavator was stuck since 1992 #20  
So what was the machine doing when it got stuck to begin with?