This excavator was stuck since 1992

/ This excavator was stuck since 1992 #21  
Sterff.
Sure hope the person/persons were caught and law book thrown at them...sad indeed.

/ This excavator was stuck since 1992 #22  
bcp.
By the looks lot of thought watchful eyes attended..wonder why so long time to recover.

/ This excavator was stuck since 1992 #23  
What was the back round on this machine? Buried How long? What was it doing there?

/ This excavator was stuck since 1992
I meant the text, not the YouTube.

Bruce

/ This excavator was stuck since 1992 #27  
   / This excavator was stuck since 1992
Copy and paste from the link in post 24:

Excavator Recovery for Cancer...................

The story of a recovery for charity in Co Fermanagh, congratulations to all involved and a big well done.......................

This unusual mission was set by Sean Donohoe, the owner of the land where the giant excavator was bogged in October 1992. The incident occurred on the banks of the Woodford Canal during the regeneration of the Shannon-Erne waterway. Several attempts have been made to rescue the excavator by the machinery owner, WAM GB Ltd Civil Engineering, which resulted in the excavator being buried further underground. It is currently resting 12-15ft underground with only the jib visible in the bog land. According to Sean Donohoe, "Myself and my brother Oliver were there when the digger went down and always planned to make an attempt to take it out. However, my brother died in 1999 from Cancer and this galvanised my resolve to take on this challenge." Subsequently, Sean Donohoe purchased the sunken excavator a number of years ago from the owner for the humorous sum of £10.

There was great elation on the site of the excavation on the banks of the Woodford River/Erne Shannon Waterway Canal when the Atlas 30 ton 1702 Excavator sitting 15 feet below the wetlands of Fermanagh since 1992 was finally raised to the surface. Cavantv.com recorded the event on Saturday and Sunday and spoke to the elated members of the organising committee after the event. The event attracted a large gathering of supporters on the Saturday and Sunday. The Woodford River/Erne Shannon Waterway Canal was lined with Boats for all of the proceedings. All procedes from this event will be donated to charity Dernagore, Derrylin, Co.Fermanagh

==========================================
Photo galleries

The day she sank:

http://www.charityexcavatorchallenge.com/otd.html
------------
Before recovery:

http://www.charityexcavatorchallenge.com/pics.html
--------------
The recovery effort:

http://www.charityexcavatorchallenge.com/event.html

/ This excavator was stuck since 1992 #29  
Copy and paste from the link in post 24:

Excavator Recovery for Cancer...................

The story of a recovery for charity in Co Fermanagh, congratulations to all involved and a big well done.......................

This unusual mission was set by Sean Donohoe, the owner of the land where the giant excavator was bogged in October 1992. The incident occurred on the banks of the Woodford Canal during the regeneration of the Shannon-Erne waterway. Several attempts have been made to rescue the excavator by the machinery owner, WAM GB Ltd Civil Engineering, which resulted in the excavator being buried further underground. It is currently resting 12-15ft underground with only the jib visible in the bog land. According to Sean Donohoe, "Myself and my brother Oliver were there when the digger went down and always planned to make an attempt to take it out. However, my brother died in 1999 from Cancer and this galvanised my resolve to take on this challenge." Subsequently, Sean Donohoe purchased the sunken excavator a number of years ago from the owner for the humorous sum of £10.

There was great elation on the site of the excavation on the banks of the Woodford River/Erne Shannon Waterway Canal when the Atlas 30 ton 1702 Excavator sitting 15 feet below the wetlands of Fermanagh since 1992 was finally raised to the surface. Cavantv.com recorded the event on Saturday and Sunday and spoke to the elated members of the organising committee after the event. The event attracted a large gathering of supporters on the Saturday and Sunday. The Woodford River/Erne Shannon Waterway Canal was lined with Boats for all of the proceedings. All procedes from this event will be donated to charity Dernagore, Derrylin, Co.Fermanagh

==========================================
Photo galleries

The day she sank:

Map-CharityExcavatorChallenge
------------
Before recovery:

--------------
The recovery effort:

Thanks much, Good video too!