X748 diesel additive

/ X748 diesel additive #1  

rubadub

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere garden tractor 111 john deer garden tractor model lt155 john deere garden tractor x728
Anybody on here read this http://www.deere.com/en_US/ag/servi...s/common_stories/pf_jd_fuel_conditioners.html where you might need the conditioner for your fuel pump warranty, or did John Deere mention anything about this when you bought your x748, like running over the road fuel without it in your off road diesels.

There is quite a bit of information in this like Since the introduction of All-Season Stanadyne, more information on low sulfur-fuel has been obtained and improvements in the product were found to be necessary.

Rob

/ X748 diesel additive #2  
Anybody on here read this What are the advantages of using John Deere Fuel Conditioners? where you might need the conditioner for your fuel pump warranty, or did John Deere mention anything about this when you bought your x748, like running over the road fuel without it in your off road diesels.

There is quite a bit of information in this like Since the introduction of All-Season Stanadyne, more information on low sulfur-fuel has been obtained and improvements in the product were found to be necessary.

Rob
When I bought my JD X740 diesel back in 2011 my dealer never made any comment to use a additive.I have owned diesels for many years.I have always used a diesel
additive of some sort.coobie

/ X748 diesel additive
When I bought my JD X740 diesel back in 2011 my dealer never made any comment to use a additive.I have owned diesels for many years.I have always used a diesel
additive of some sort.coobie

I'm guessing here a little bit coobie, but I think John Deere is trying to ease the diesel owners into paying a little more attention to the low sulphur fuel, and in the long run you can expect your diesel to last longer using there additive. John deere does a lot of testing and they aren't going to make public what they find in a lot of cases but if they are saying your diesel will run better or last longer they might know something we don't.

You can take a look at the two parts in this here

John Deere Fuel Solutions JohnDeere.com

They actually tell you about the low sulphur fuel and wear but the gasoline additive doesn't address it like the diesel. Maybe they are trying to tell us something.

Rob

/ X748 diesel additive #4  
Maybe JohnDeere is just trying to make more money by pushing its products.

/ X748 diesel additive
Not necessarily so, heres the gasoline additive.

Fuel-Protect Gasoline Stabilizer

Prevent corrosion, gum and varnish from clogging the fuel system in your gas-powered equipment.

Protect fresh gasoline in your stored vehicles for up to 12 months
Keep fuel from breaking down into gum and varnish
Protect both two- and four-cycle gasoline engines
Ensure quick and easy starts
Eliminate the need to drain and dispose of gasoline
Protect fuel systems of stored equipment all year long

And heres the diesel version

Fuel-Protect Diesel Fuel Conditioner

Uphold diesel fuel performance and maintain peak engine efficiency year-round.

Boosts fuel’s cetane number for faster, smoother and more fuel-efficient starting
Detergents clean the fuels system and injectors work to prevent performance-robbing erosion
Lubricants protect and reduce injector and pump wear
Maintains fuel pump warranty
Minimizes smoking
Compatible with all diesel fuels, including biodiesel up to B20 blends
Available in Summer and Winter formulas
Recommended for use with low-sulfur diesel (LSD) and up to 20-percent (B20) biodiesel

==================================================================
==================================================================

There talking more about cleaning the fuel system with gasoline additive where there talking about actual wear in the diesel, two different situations.

It doesn't look like the diesel fuel isn't getting any better and they have also said that the lack of its additive will cause some premature wear in a diesel. In other words you can pay me now or pay me later. I would say it keeps the injector wear down and this keeps the smoking down.

This sentence right here Detergents clean the fuels system and injectors work to prevent performance-robbing erosion, I'm not really sure what they are trying to say by performance-robbing erosion.

There are diesel owners on here that might be able to look at this say it doesn't matter or give us some ideas on whats going on, but John Deere doesn't use the words erosion, premature wear or anything like it in the gasoline additive, so there must be something to it.

Rob

/ X748 diesel additive #6  
I use additives frequently but have a hard time doing it consistently with every tank fill up. This spring I am planning on installing a bulk tank and will treat this each time it is filled with diesel. Hopefully this will help with overall diesel problems such as lubricity with the ultra low sulphur fuel.

/ X748 diesel additive
I use additives frequently but have a hard time doing it consistently with every tank fill up. This spring I am planning on installing a bulk tank and will treat this each time it is filled with diesel. Hopefully this will help with overall diesel problems such as lubricity with the ultra low sulphur fuel.

Sounds like your taking really good care of your tractor and that will pay off in the long run.

/ X748 diesel additive #8  
Sounds like your taking really good care of your tractor and that will pay off in the long run.

Thanks, as much as the motors and injection systems cost it is a no brainer.

/ X748 diesel additive #9  
I'm guessing here a little bit coobie, but I think John Deere is trying to ease the diesel owners into paying a little more attention to the low sulphur fuel, and in the long run you can expect your diesel to last longer using there additive. John deere does a lot of testing and they aren't going to make public what they find in a lot of cases but if they are saying your diesel will run better or last longer they might know something we don't.

You can take a look at the two parts in this here

John*Deere Fuel Solutions JohnDeere.com

They actually tell you about the low sulphur fuel and wear but the gasoline additive doesn't address it like the diesel. Maybe they are trying to tell us something.

Rob
I fully agree Rob,like I stated earlier I have always used a diesel additive(stanadyne,schaffers 2000 diesel treat,howes)to name a few.There is a independent study on the web called the spicer report that breaks down which diesel additives are better and worse.Good read IMHO.coobie

/ X748 diesel additive #10  
Great idea IMHO.I have a 150 gal. diesel tank treated with schaffers diesel treat 2000 and a 300 gal. gas tank both gravity fed I treat the gas tank with stabil marine grade additive (1)can treats around 300 gal.coobie