jobs?

/ jobs? #2  
Sorry I can't offer you a job but I can offer some advise, at least from a Canadian perspective. To get any kind of full time job you need to have a minimum of grade 12 and preferably a college degree to get any job that you can support you self on. If you are looking for part time work put a add in you local news paper advertising that you will shovel snow, mow grass, help with barn chores ect. Many older folks are looking for hardworking people to help them out for $10-$20 a hour.

/ jobs? #3  
I need my house stained.

/ jobs? #4  
I admire you for trying a different medium to look for work. Unfortunately, what I see is poor grammar, which makes me wonder how much I would be able to teach you. I'm sure it seems trivial, but when you give us one sentence as a first impression, it should have proper spelling and punctuation. Though I'm not in the U.K., I am starting to look towards hiring a young man such as yourself latter this year. Their ability to communicate will be very important to me, since they will have direct contact with my clients and I will rely on them to pass information on to me too.

Best of luck,
Brian

/ jobs? #5  
I admire you for trying a different medium to look for work. Unfortunately, what I see is poor grammar, which makes me wonder how much I would be able to teach you. I'm sure it seems trivial, but when you give us one sentence as a first impression, it should have proper spelling and punctuation. Though I'm not in the U.K., I am starting to look towards hiring a young man such as yourself latter this year. Their ability to communicate will be very important to me, since they will have direct contact with my clients and I will rely on them to pass information on to me too.

Best of luck,
Brian

I suspect he typed his post on a cell phone....no excuse though.

/ jobs? #6  
Well Andrew, what are your skills?
do you have a "skills resume" made up, showing your abilities? References?
Are you mechanically inclined? Want to start out at a local tractor/farm dealer and learn the business?

We all wish you the best, and wish you good luck in your search. Plenty of us on this side of the pond who understand your situation
all too well. Or we have kids or grandkids your age. make a goal to accomplish something every day, and don't sit on your butt. Get out there and meet people, and
not at the pub...You know it's called networking, and your competition for jobs is doing it, so you have to do it better. Lots of helpful books on this too.

/ jobs? #7  

Best of luck,
Brian

If you hire a young man it will be HIS (not their) ability to communiacte and HE, HIM not THEY, THEM. I'm sure it's trivial, but are you hiring in the LATTER part of 2013 or LATER this year? Spelling and grammar aren't something I usually comment on, but thought it was appropriate in this case.

/ jobs? #8  
those fingers just don't do what we tell them to do...:eek:

good point even if trivial. We also have to be comfortable to come on here and not be critiqued by English majors every time, because not everyone is either a power typer
or has an advanced vocabulary.

But for those of us who have been down this road, first impressions when looking for a job are more than critical. Typos and poor grammar are just red flag distractions.
I see care and concern here, nothing more. All good.

geez, better double check this...:)
Maybe it is latter in the UK....hmmmm.
You say tomato, I say tomahto...

/ jobs? #9  
those fingers just don't do what we tell them to do...:eek:

good point even if trivial. We also have to be comfortable to come on here and not be critiqued by English majors every time, because not everyone is either a power typer
or has an advanced vocabulary.

But for those of us who have been down this road, first impressions when looking for a job are more than critical. Typos and poor grammar are just red flag distractions.
I see care and concern here, nothing more. All good.

geez, better double check this...:)
Maybe it is latter in the UK....hmmmm.
You say tomato, I say tomahto...
when it needs to be done right i get my wife or daughter to do it, there really edgumacated:thumbsup:

/ jobs? #10  
Okay, so I'm not perfect either. As an employer I don't expect perfection. I do expect effort. I did not see any effort in that sentence.

My point is, if he is going to use social media as a job seeking tool, more effort needs to be made, and employers do notice things like spelling and capitalization. I wasn't able to get past that to ask the questions about his skill set, or what he is looking for.