Water & oil repellant superhydrophobic and oleophobic coating.

/ Water & oil repellant superhydrophobic and oleophobic coating. #1  

mjncad

Tractor
A couple
   / Water & oil repellant superhydrophobic and oleophobic coating. #2  
That's very interesting on two counts. The product itself is pretty amazing and I first heard of it about an hour ago. My youngest son is a product engineer for an investment casting company and on the drive home from a pistol match tonight he told me they bought some to experiment with. He said he'd send me a link and described the video you linked. Must be an omen of some sort.

/ Water & oil repellant superhydrophobic and oleophobic coating.
I'll be curious to hear what your son thinks of the stuff.

/ Water & oil repellant superhydrophobic and oleophobic coating. #4  
It should be able to apply itself for $53 per quart.

/ Water & oil repellant superhydrophobic and oleophobic coating. #5  
interesting product!

/ Water & oil repellant superhydrophobic and oleophobic coating. #6  
Saw my son yesterday when we got together to help my sister relocate. He did a "Hey Pop, check this", and produced the flap from a cardboard box to which they had applied some of the coating. He took a water bottle and drizzled some water on it and it beaded up like liquid mercury. He said they would be doing more serious evaluations of the material and hope to use it to prevent liquified ceramic from clinging (and drying) where it shouldn't. It was difficult for him to hold the cardboard steady enough to keep the water on the cardboard for the picture. The drops beaded so much the smaller ones look like they are in mid-air:

IMG_0345.jpg

/ Water & oil repellant superhydrophobic and oleophobic coating. #8  
Verrrry COOL! I can't tell you how many times I've oiled my leather work gloves to keep wet crete from embedding and ruining them:eek:.IF this product can be applied to a block wall or concrete surface, and IF it would last and IF there are no health problems associated with it(yeah,a lot of ìfs':confused:) I would pay a premium for it. don-ohio :)^)

/ Water & oil repellant superhydrophobic and oleophobic coating. #9  
so now Rustoleum has "never wet", did they buy this product and bring it to market? (Ever Dry)?