how much power does hst use vs gear

/ how much power does hst use vs gear #21  
My JD 3320 has the go peddels on the right and the brakes on the left. I use them when back dragging also. only way to keep a straight line..

Same as Kioti DK 40

/ how much power does hst use vs gear #22  
I think you all are focusing on losses that refer to PTO power. PTO power is all gear ... even so tho, on HST the hyd pump is turning and giving small parasitic loss. You get larger losses running thru the HST trans driving the wheels. Accepted figures are 90% engine power to the axles for gear and 80%+ for HST. HST has an esp hard time driving a load at speed because of very hi pressure and hi drive swashplate angle. HSTs have special provisions to cool them due to the increased losses.
larry

/ how much power does hst use vs gear #23  
hey gary have have a jaspar 400 in my 85 k20 with 40k on it old days lol im in my mid 30s

/ how much power does hst use vs gear #24  
hey gary have have a jaspar 400 in my 85 k20 with 40k on it old days lol im in my mid 30s
You are still just a kid comparatively speaking. Most old men grow out of the hot rod stage by their 40's at least although a friend that is 70 just bought one of the hot rod Dodge cars, Challenger or Charger cant remember which one but he got the big hemi engine for hot performance. He had to tell me how he outran a Mustang, I told him to keep his windows up as he wouldn't want to blow off what little hair he has left.

/ how much power does hst use vs gear #25  

And that tells us what on HP loss from a TH 400, Heck man my chevelle had that trans. Don't be telling me a loss of 50 HP Sheeet.

/ how much power does hst use vs gear #26  
I know nothing about HST never had one. If you want to pull a 2-12 plow with either one of the two tractors you mentioned I think the only thing that would impeed the process would be lack of traction not power. My old NAA 2wd tractor pulled a 2-12 plow with no problem and it is only like 20 / 22 hp not a lot there, but it did have R1 tries and they make a lot of difference for traction. 4wd in the new tractor would help a lot with R4's to be sure but I could not be sure ask the dealer.

/ how much power does hst use vs gear #27  
When I looked at LS tractors, 29 and 24 hp 2 years ago, the dealer said having a 29 hp hydrostatic would be like having a 24 hp geared. I bought a used NH TC30- saved a lot of money. Just passing on what he said.