Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #12  
That should pound right out if you have some body wrinkle repair tools, it wont even be noticeable after a good paint job. It might require a light skim coat of bondo to fill in a hammer mark or two.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #13  
At least you didn't get bent up . Years ago had some guys picking an old apple tree with the FEL , they didn't keep the bucket level while lifting to put it into the dump truck and the tree rolled down the loader arms and only stopped when it smashed the steering wheel (pre rops). That shook every body up pretty good ! :eek:

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #14  
I was lifting shingles up to my roof with my BIL's tractor. Had a full bundle flip out of the back of the bucket onto the hood. Left a slight dent and a scratch. It is still there. He wouldn't let me bother with repairing or replacing the hood. I still may wait until he is out of town and fix it.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #15  
Not tractor related, but a friend of mine found out the hard way how not to bent the tailgate of his 3 day old 1 ton dump...He flopped te gate all the way down, and when he raised the bed the hitch put that dreaded "v" in the top of the gate...Some very colorful words were used that day.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #16  
A while back I made the boneheaded move of letting a pal borrow my little BX for some patio renovations. When I got it back it had a dimple in the hood from a brick that came back out of the bucket. The good news: It landed exactly in the center so it almost looks like it belonged there. The bad news: It landed on the hood, not on the doofus' head, which was hard enough the brick would have shattered. You could send this guy out with a feather and an anvil; an hour later he'd come back with a busted anvil. Six years later, the pal is long gone and I still haven't gotten around to fixing the dimple.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #17  
Not tractor related, but a friend of mine found out the hard way how not to bent the tailgate of his 3 day old 1 ton dump...He flopped te gate all the way down, and when he raised the bed the hitch put that dreaded "v" in the top of the gate...Some very colorful words were used that day.
I did basically the same thing on my Yanmar 4220 by lifting the FEL when I had the hood up. It didn't bend the hood but did bend the little flat bar locking mechanism that hold up the hood. It was an easy fix by just pulling two cotter pins to remove the piece, hammer it back straight and reinstall. I was lucky that I was raising it and not lowering it like you as I didn't realize that it would hit when moving the FEL.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #19  
That should pound right out if you have some body wrinkle repair tools, it wont even be noticeable after a good paint job. It might require a light skim coat of bondo to fill in a hammer mark or two.

For acute dents, would adding a bit of hit from a torch help to bring the metal back into line while beating it back with body tools?

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #20  
I was backing my truck into a space behind another pickup, looking over the tailgate instead of watching the rear camera. Thus I failed to notice the empty car hauler trailer behind the pickup, below my line of sight. First warning was a crunching sound. My daughter and her friend got a giggle out of that. I got a rather substantial repair bill.:(