Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start
Harbor Freight sells a body/fender repair kit for cheap. Worked beautifully on my tractor hood, fenders, roof.

Search results for: 'body fender'

Thanks for the link - I actually have some body work tools from Harbor Freight, from doing some automotive body work awhile back. Actually caught myself laughing out loud after reading some of the posts. Humor can be some of the best medicine when we make mistakes. I will try to update the thread when there's some progress.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #22  
Ok last summer wile cutting the lawn I made a few passes under an old mulberry tree watching the cab as I went under the branches. After making the first few I got a little confident and a little to close to the tree still keeping an eye on the cab forgetting the nice chrome exhaust sticking about 6 inches above the cab. Exhaust hit a limb ended up twisting chrome pipe and cab frame just enough to pop the front window. Come along, 2x4 and hammer it is almost as good as new except for the chrome pipe. Every time I look at the tractor thought that can't be put on TBN go through my mind.
Anyone know the best way to straighten out a chrome exhaust?

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #23  
Did same thing with my TYM T233...it has a fiberglass hood. Only got a few scratches, fortunately!

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #24  
We didn't damage anything, but it was stuck pretty good.
tractorstuck2.jpg

Jason

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #25  
How about going into the garage and failing to lower the ROPS...not once but, well you get the picture. It pushed the garage door back in the track, bent the opener arm and track, and pulled the header loose. Glad I had the framing nailer handy. Now have nice white paint on black ROPS. Also have egg on face.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #26  
I had just put a load of brush mixed with fairly big branches on the brush pile with the 2030. One large branch started falling off the pile below my raised loader. It hit the hood before I could even shift into reverse.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #27  
Its just a mere flesh wound

Nice to know we have som Monty Python fans here.

I made the bone head move of getting a hydraulic top link made, finding out that I needed adaptors made and installing them without measuring clearances. Here are the before and after pics.

Luckily, everything still works, though I'm sure a leak and replacement is in my future...

Attachments

• image-757253787.jpg
    image-757253787.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 442
  • image-1597201542.jpg
    image-1597201542.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 411
   / Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #28  
Mast sticks up pretty high in the curled position on my huge backhoe. I lost track for just a moment and took out my renter's electricity:confused2:.......THOUGHT I saw smoke! I did! Power guys were nice and didn't charge me for the repair.:thumbsup: don-ohio :)^)

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #29  
A few years ago, I finished baling hay after dark and then after fueling my tractor...proceeded to drive forward to park under the trees...and drug the square baler all the way down the side of my truck.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #30  
How about going into the garage and failing to lower the ROPS...not once but, well you get the picture. It pushed the garage door back in the track, bent the opener arm and track, and pulled the header loose. Glad I had the framing nailer handy. Now have nice white paint on black ROPS. Also have egg on face.

2nd day after getting the BX, I did that to my parent's garage. Wrecked the whole door (which happened to be new also).