Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #31  
I'm sure glad this subject is tractor-specific. Haven't had enough seat time with mine to accomplish anything boneheaded (yet), however, if expanded to trucks, street & dirtbikes my input might crash the server - pun not intended.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #32  
Harbor Freight sells a body/fender repair kit for cheap. Worked beautifully on my tractor hood, fenders, roof.

Search results for: 'body fender'

I have used these tools to repair a surprisingly similar dent. Take your time, do the bondo skim coat, repaint and re-decal and you'll feel better.
You can also watch online videos on how to use the body tools as well.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #33  
Well I feel a little better Knowing that I'm not the only one....Have removed the sheet metal and getting ready to look at trying to straighten the hood View attachment 305636 Here's the sheet metal ,couldn't stand to leave it on the tractor looking like that.
If you have an Harbour Freight close by they have a body tool kit pretty cheap. or... Use a ballpin hammer and a anvil vise ought to do it. I've actually used my box scraper to bang against straightening boo boo's out. Now your tractor has character. :D

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #34  
Many owners of tractors with quick attach loaders have creases across their hoods...

Fortunately I haven't had this happen...what are you referring to that happens with quick attach loaders?

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start
I see I'm not alone, sometimes its just a momentary thing, like looking for a dripping hydraulic line instead of watching the loaders movement-and of course after crushing the hood there wasn't a drop of oil from the reconnected line.!!! Thanks for the body work suggestions , I've already painted a few cars, but this chinese tractors sheet metal is like .060 thick, its much harder to work than most cars sheet metal, sooo something special is in order and since the tractor was involved in the first place why not make it do part of the work Rhino-body work 003.jpg hey that worked pretty good, That gives me another idea..Rhino-body work 004.JPG

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start
I have that exact same wood splitter. Check that the return hose going to the filter doesn't chafe on the work table bracket just above it.
l Thanks, I'll check - looks like about 3/8" clearance, ok so far, although 2 years ago I did see a recall for this model at another store that sells them. It was for a sticking hydraulic valve problem, the serial#s were from a different run than the one we purchased.. Has been trouble free.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #38  
l Thanks, I'll check - looks like about 3/8" clearance, ok so far, although 2 years ago I did see a recall for this model at another store that sells them. It was for a sticking hydraulic valve problem, the serial#s were from a different run than the one we purchased.. Has been trouble free.

I may have pounded my bracket down a bit by dropping big blocks of rock maple on it. Other then that it works fine but it is relatively new yet.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #39  
I have that exact same wood splitter. Check that the return hose going to the filter doesn't chafe on the work table bracket just above it.
We have the same model but it might have different stickers. On ours, 5 or 6 of the bolts that hold the "table" on each side have snapped. Debating if we want to just fix it, or make up a log lifter...

Aaron Z

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #40  
Fortunately I haven't had this happen...what are you referring to that happens with quick attach loaders?

I think he's referring to using the loader bucket or forks without having put in the retaining pin. I spent 3 hours fishing my forks out of a dumpster that way. :rolleyes: That is the funny story, the unfunny story that happens is people curling with the load up high and the bucket unpinned... and having everything roll back and fall on them since the bucket is free to pivot.