Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start
I may have pounded my bracket down a bit by dropping big blocks of rock maple on it. Other then that it works fine but it is relatively new yet.
These log splitters are pretty decent machines, I know what you mean about the table bolts though a few times pieces got stuck or were just the wrong length and got pinned against those brackets and did sever a bolt or two. Thought I should show how the hood was pressed before someone got the idea the splitting wedge was pushing directly on the sheet Rhino-body work 004.JPGmetal- this (adaptor) was migged together when I couldn't get a u-joint to separate..it worked really well for that to

Here's an update on the body work progress-this a different view after the damage, the home made Rhino-bone head caused carnage 006.jpgRhino label jinxed me I think
the hood so far-the metal was stretched so bad that hammer dolly/torch- wet towel wasn't enough. Finally used a 3" cut off tool then pressed it on the log splitter then mig welded and ground it down. anyway here's how it looks so far , Thanks for the input, and you guys are right on the mark there's definitely bondo or Short strand fiberglass in its futurerhino-bodywork2 004.JPG

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #44  
The biggest bone-headed move I've made with my tractor was deciding to restore it, but I've invested too much time, too much money, too much aggravation, and too many forum posts to quit now.

Besides, when I start something I never quit. :laughing:

The biggest bone-headed move I've made with my tractor was deciding to restore it, but I've invested too much time, too much money, too much aggravation, and too many forum posts to quit now.

Yes- I'd like to restore my 1967 Ford 3000 also, but my wife says her 1974 AMX is first, and last year she got me to promise her that there would be no new projects or tractor restorations before her car. Note to self- (all future tractor work to be called maintenance) when speaking to wife!!!

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #46  
The bend gives it character.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #47  
Yes- I'd like to restore my 1967 Ford 3000 also, but my wife says her 1974 AMX is first, and last year she got me to promise her that there would be no new projects or tractor restorations before her car. Note to self- (all future tractor work to be called maintenance) when speaking to wife!!!

I think that's what some people call, 'the wife tax'.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #48  

I'll bet you've enjoyed every minte and dollar spent on this bone-head move :drink:

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #49  
I'll bet you've enjoyed every minte and dollar spent on this bone-head move :drink:

Along the way there have been a few "nuisances", but overall I've thoroughly enjoyed the process. :)