Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start
I had considered that- but the decals are not available for these older Rhino International tractors, Farm Boys stocks and sells most every part to keep these (Shanghai) 554 tractors running, and I'm happy with that, So the decals have been taped off and hopefully everything will work out..

UPDATE TIME: IT'S BLUE.... (Equipment enamel FORD BLUE) figured this is pretty close to one of the 2 colors that was on it, and my 3000 could use some touch up to, so here we go- Rhino- new blue paint 004.jpg and if this gloss dies down (never used this type of paint before) in the next 24 hours I'm going to clear it with some catalyzed urethane... now to clean up this messy garage!!

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #62  
Nice shine. Obviously not your first attempt at painting.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #63  
   / Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #64  
That came out awesome

That's really shiny. Was hardener added?
Thanks everyone, No there's no hardener in the paint, it's just car quest tractor Alkyd enamel thinned with about 1 oz. of naptha, and today it's still shiny but it's not fully cured, 45 degrees in the garage this morning so I'll give it another day. I'm concerned about the ultimate hardness and abrasion resistance, the guys said a lot of painters use the equipment paint and then shoot it with a catalyzed urethane clear, which I have used before and still have enough to shoot it with, also thought I might pull the masking off the decals and seal them in at the same time..

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #66  
Had been working on my Rhino tractor cleaning a magnet that's in the main intake feed line, before the hydraulic pump for the loader. Had the hood tilted forward for access and decided to cycle the loader to check for leaks, you can probably guess what happened next....

Going to try to repair the damage. Hope no one else has done anything like this??View attachment 305608

I see so many tractors that have that same dent/crunch on Craig's List. I've always wondered how it was done. Now, I know!! Awesome.

Edit: Sa-weet repair job. Nice work.

JayC

Wow, that looks great. Get the correct decals now to seal the deal.

Well after drhino decal repair 001.JPGe taping the decals I realized just how bad the one side looked so using the suggestions of taking advantage of harbor freights products- broke out the $8 airbrush kit ,sprayed some fiz can black into a cup , loaded up the little airbrushrhino decal repair 003.JPG and this is how it looks now,by no means perfect but better than it was rhino decal repair 004.JPG

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #68  
The decals look great. I don't understand the whole airbrush thing but $8 sounds like Harbor Freight. Do you mix the paint special or thinner?

The decals look great. I don't understand the whole airbrush thing but $8 sounds like Harbor Freight. Do you mix the paint special or thinner?

Thanks, lets see the paint part of the airbrush- I couldn't find any liquid black enamel in a can,except for oil based paint, and the airbrush 001.jpghobby store was closed, I had hoped to get testors model paint so after striking out in town I just took a can of Rustoleum flat black and sprayed it into a paint mixing cup until there was enough liquid to fill the air brushes cup no mixing or thinner. As for the decal, masked off the new blue paint then just enough of each letter or # and used the air brush to touch up the black surround.

/ Tractor related bonehead move of the month-I'll start #70  
Looks great. Good idea!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet