Power outlet went dead

/ Power outlet went dead #1  

Bob K13

Tractor
John Deere 3720
I was blowing snow today with my John Deere 3720 and my power outlet that I plug electric gloves into went dead. I checked all my fuses and they are ok.
There is no power at the outlet. By chance is there an inline fuse that I am not seeing? Could I be over looking something? Any help would be appreciated.

/ Power outlet went dead #2  
If it's an aftermarket outlet then there'll be an inline fuse close to the battery connection.
Could be a loose/broken connection.

/ Power outlet went dead #3  
Check the wire's connection to the outlet. If it uses the stab in kind of connector, it may have just lost contact.

/ Power outlet went dead #4  
Check the fuse that is part of the plug on your glove connection. There usually is one inside there.

/ Power outlet went dead #5  
Take a DVM and measure the outlet, see if you have 12VDC. If not, then the problem is either a blown fuse or loose connection, or possibly a broken wire. Also, could be a poor ground. I am assuming this outlet is like a standard 12VDC cigarette lighter outlet? If so, and you don't have a DVM, then you can use a car charger for a cell phone that has a LED on it to indicate when it's plugged in. If you plug it in, and the LED comes on, then most likely that outlet has 12VDC. If not, then it's dead (and see above).

/ Power outlet went dead
I have no power to the outlet. I checked and changed all fuses just for the heck of it. I cannot find an in line fuse so it must be a wire. I am running a new outlet and wire all the way to the battery. I checked the connection to the outlet as well and no power.

/ Power outlet went dead #7  
you should be able to look at some sort of "shop manual" for your tractor, to find out what wire, and wire within a wire harness. so you could test individual segments of the wire harness to try and track down the problem spot.

not sure if the 12v cigarette lighter connection, only works when key in the on position. or if it is on all the time. if it only works with key in on position it might be a relay. vs a fuse.