JD410C Question

/ JD410C Question #1  

renoone

Tractor
JD 410C
I am looking at purchasing a JD 410c Loader/Backhoe. This may be a crazy question but can you easily remove the backhoe from the tractor?
I would like to be able to use it as a tractor without the backhoe attached.

Thanks for the help!

Reno

/ JD410C Question #2  
No based on my 1983 310B that looks very similar. There is no lift/PTO system. I think the 110 series does however based on some posts here.

A full size JD backhoe is not mult-purpose the best I can tell. We wound up with a BH because when looking for a FEL for the 1976 265 MF farm tractor I learned I could get a complete working back hoe in the price/installation cost range of a new FEL rated for a 60 HP tractor.

I was not looking forward to having to manage tight places doing box blading/bush hogging work. Our 310B would be of less value without the weight of the hoe plus I would have it stuck all of the time. :)

It is not everyone's cup of tea but I can not image not having a full size BH around the place AND a naked tractor.

http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/construction/non_current_products/backhoes/410C.pdf
Some specs

Last edited:
   / JD410C Question #3  
No based on my 1983 310B that looks very similar. There is no lift/PTO system. I think the 110 series does however based on some posts here.

A full size JD backhoe is not mult-purpose the best I can tell. We wound up with a BH because when looking for a FEL for the 1976 265 MF farm tractor I learned I could get a complete working back hoe in the price/installation cost range of a new FEL rated for a 60 HP tractor.

I was not looking forward to having to manage tight places doing box blading/bush hogging work. Our 310B would be of less value without the weight of the hoe plus I would have it stuck all of the time. :)

It is not everyone's cup of tea but I can not image not having a full size BH around the place AND a naked tractor.

http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/construction/non_current_products/backhoes/410C.pdf
Some specs

Gale,
The 110tlb makes a decent tractor and backhoe combination, having three front and rear outlets is better than most tractors available today. Could use more power as a tractor to be optimum but overall I am very satisfied with it. I used my 110 for everything until I was able to buy another new naked 4520. The pair works well for me because I have to trailer them frequently with a service truck. I live in a small town where there must be 150 to 200 full sized backhoes but I have the only 110 that I am aware of. The 110 will fit the tighter areas I work in but I can always call in a larger hoe or excavator when needed. I like having the tractor to use without a fel in the way too, that has really saved me lots of grief.

When I travel for government work I often rent a 310 or 410 sized machine, lots more size and power in every way, just more trouble and expense to move. Last larger job I worked I used a Cat 330 excavator and a 420 backhoe, had them delivered and picked up afterwards. So some jobs the larger stuff just makes sense and other times the smaller stuff does.

/ JD410C Question #4  
You're right,probably a crazy question . We all have the desire to have an all purpose machine that can do anything. I looked at trying to convert my JD400 to a quik release setup and it isn't feasible. You would need a 3 point setup and the older models did not have that. Kubota does have such a setup as you may know and it is a pretty sturdy setup. It's a lot cheaper to just have 2 tractors.

/ JD410C Question #5  
Two tractors are cheaper I agree especially if old iron. Especially where they are not money making machines. The fact that we got another 60 HP tractor and hoe free (for the same money as buying a new FEL for the MF) made more sense in our case.

/ JD410C Question #6  

Totally agree with this. Mine only digs to 11' but that is more that enough for me. I could not imagine being without a substantial backhoe and a "naked" tractor for general purposes.