Snow Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved?

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved?
Good idea. I will try that first. How do i run off of small tank with out activating fuel pump from rear tank? Just clamp the tank line and start?

photo.JPG

see picture, also it is setup to shut off the gas so engine has always run for short while after key turned off.

View attachment 306713

see picture, also it is setup to shut off the gas so engine has always run for short while after key turned off.

Turns out I was lucky (so far). I changed out the fuel filter and I am back in business! Thanks all for help and ideas.

The use of the small tank proved to help me isolate the problem until I could get the new filter.

FYI the new filter does not fill up solid with fuel either. I wonder if that is even relevant? Engine works under a load now and was able to clear the driveway. Thanks again.
Bruce

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved? #14  
FYI the new filter does not fill up solid with fuel either. I wonder if that is even relevant? Engine works under a load now and was able to clear the driveway. Thanks again.
Not relevant IMO, most of the ones that I have seen dont fill up all of the way.

Aaron Z

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved? #15  
Had a similar problem. Rebuilt carb again and again. Changed fuel filters. Fooled around with gas cap in case vent was blocked. Turned out the fuel line from the tank had been destroyed by the E10. The weakened line kinked where it left the tank and made a 90 turn towards the engine. Line looked ok, but was weak internally and it closed off the gas flow. Took me months to figure it out.

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved? #16  
glad you got her going.

sometimes esier to troubleshoot them if you braek them into smaller pieces to diagnose.

glad you got her going.

sometimes esier to troubleshoot them if you braek them into smaller pieces to diagnose.

Okay now I am back with the same problem! Too little fuel? Since last post: I replaced plugs, and fuel pump since last one was almost 20 years old and was old square metal design. I was told they don't make the square metal any more since more vulernable to vapor lock? The new one is round black plastic and only $20. When I replaced fuel pump I noticed a little oil in the pulse line. I think that is not good? Oil level is fine and clean. What is the meaning? Air filter is Clean. My First post has all the engine codes.

When I then started her up again after installing all new stuff, Engine ran rough at start up and spewed out white blue smoke for a while until it settled down. Which it has done occasionally before. Once warmed up I closed choke and everything seemed fine maybe stronger then before until 20-30 minutes of running under a load of blowing 2"-3" of snow. We are getting hit this March.

Funny thing when I run off of gravity feed aux tank engine runs well. starts better? No smoke. Hard to run for too long under load with aux tank since small and ackwardly mounted. Maybe I will try to recreate stalling under load with aux tank.

Thanks for any advice.
Bruce

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved? #18  
What happens if you disconnect the gas line from the tank (before the filter and pump) and just let it run into a container (with the tank cap on) for 10 mins?
That should let you diagnose a tank blockage or cap vent failure issue fairly easily.

Aaron Z

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved? #19  
I had the same type of problem when I ended up with spiders and other bugs in my fuel tank.

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved? #20  
ditto what the last 2 posts said. run straight from a tank.

on in the oil could mean bad diapragm