Snow Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved?

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved?
That is the problem, it should flow out freely. Can you shine a light into the tank to see if there is something in the outlet?
Your problem is either:
1. Junk in the tank plugging the outlet
2. Junk in the fuel line plugging it up.

Try blowing (with your mouth or low pressure compressed air) backwards in the fuel line and see if that takes care of the problem. Long term you may need to remove the tank to clean it.

Aaron Z
I blasted fuel line towards tank pretty good before I read this. That did it. Gas is flowing again! Do you think too much pressure harmed anything? Nothing is leaking right now.

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved? #32  
Thanks for the update. Hope it keeps working for you for a while. Do consider replacing that fuel line when you do take everything apart, gasoline from 1978 is is quite a bit different than what we are forced to use now.

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved? #33  
I blasted fuel line towards tank pretty good before I read this. That did it. Gas is flowing again! Do you think too much pressure harmed anything? Nothing is leaking right now.
If yours has the screen in it, then yes......it could have blown the screen apart with high air pressure.

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved? #34  
yep.. i agree.. i'd drain the tank and take a look.. if the screen was plugg and you gave it air.. the screen may be apart or loose.

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved? #35  
yes but any particles floating around will get caught at the in line fuel filter ... not in the carb.

run it as it stands , then pull and clean the tank when the weather gets better .... and change the fuel lines while you are in there.

/ Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved?
This is my exact setup. I had the Kohler engine before. I now have BS Vanguard. BTW the valve knob (part #11) was replaced with new one from JD dealer.

Engine runs great now that I replaced this valve (part 11) but gas is leaking from the valve. I am assuming from where it screws into tank. How can I fix this from leaking?

I have added a picture of the the fuel line valve. It leaks from the top, where the brass insert installs initially (screws ) into the plastic neck.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
   / Engine stalls after 20 minutes, gas starved? #37  
what kind of fitting?