Snow Removal Frustration

/ Snow Removal Frustration #41  
If you are concerned about tearing up paved or concrete try the rubber chains. I picked them up this year and had no problem unless ice under the snow on my hill but nothing will help on ice.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Do you have a link for those rubber chains?

/ Snow Removal Frustration #42  
Do you have a link for those rubber chains?

Yes I do.
WWW.rubbertirechains.com

I called them if you are not happy with the chain after 1 use the will refund 75% when I got them. Just spent a fortune on new drive way didn't want to rip it up.

After 28 inches of snow with 40+inch drifts this is what my driveway hill looked like. Also had no problem piling it up.
When I ran out of snow I did the street just for fun!

Attachments

• image-1370942040.jpg
    image-1370942040.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 217
  • image-37189746.jpg
    image-37189746.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 179
   / Snow Removal Frustration #43  
I have a b2920 too and clear snow with a 6' rear blade and fel. I have loaded turfs. Loading makes a HUGE difference. I don't use chains (turfs aren't too bad as long as the snow doesn't pack to ice), chains would help. I find that i can move up to 11" driving forward with the rear blade at an angle. More than that and i have to go i. Reverse (you bottom out and lose traction). I use the fel for snowbanks and to knock down deep snow. The loaded tires will also help so the angled blade doesn't push around the tractor. I also find operating in medium range and using speed and momentum can help especially on hills. The tires may spin a bit, but if you can keep moving it works. In very deep snow i push with the fel or blade then clean up with the blade.

/ Snow Removal Frustration #44  
Weight helps. My 45 hp New Holland has all 4 loaded tires and weighs about 7000# with the 7' LP rear blade. I have a slotted metal pipe on the cutting edge. R-4 tires.

I've used it for 2 Wisconsin winters now with no problems. Chains would be nice for built up ice but so far I've gotten by without.

I put the bucket on for snow.

HPIM1792.jpg

/ Snow Removal Frustration #45  
I have a B7800 which is almost identical in size to a B2920. I had the R4 tires loaded when I purchased it. It was pretty pitiful for moving snow with the FEL. I bought chains and that made a world of difference. If you don't have a need for loaded tires spend your money on some chains.

/ Snow Removal Frustration #46  
Here in NE Kansas, I got the same snow situation as "coldstream". That much snow back to back is unusual. And that wet, heavy stuff in round two would make any combination difficult. My 11 HP walk behind snow blower wasn't all that effective either. So..........With my 2012 year B2620 (R4 tires) I had fairly good results with a 300 lb rear 5 ft blade, the FEL and two link ladder chains. I won't load the rears nor buy front chains...nor invest in a front plow for my situation.

I do, however, encounter different situations since I do six neighbors on our road (for free). In some places there are drifts, some are close quarters, some are very hilly, some are concrete, some are black top and some are gravel. And of course, the county road grader and truck plow make driveways inpassable until I get there with my FEL.

I'm learning how to approach each situation by using the FEL, or pushing the snow, or pulling the snow or piling up the snow. My biggest problem was adjusting the rear blade with the 1/4 inching valve that apparently is not adjusted per the dealer. I'm looking into that today. :confused:

/ Snow Removal Frustration #47  
Yes I do.
Rubber Tire (Snow) Chains - Traction without damage.

I called them if you are not happy with the chain after 1 use the will refund 75% when I got them. Just spent a fortune on new drive way didn't want to rip it up.

After 28 inches of snow with 40+inch drifts this is what my driveway hill looked like. Also had no problem piling it up.
When I ran out of snow I did the street just for fun!

Thank you for the link.

/ Snow Removal Frustration #48  
My vote would be for chains and loaded tires in that order. I have a B7500 with R4s - during the winter I have a 60" front blower. The first year I had it I tried it without chains and it was a joke. The tires were loaded, but there was just no traction. I put chains all the way around and traction was no longer an issue at all. I did not leave the chains on the front for more than a few runs. I don't need them (use the brakes to steer when tire slide) and I felt it was extra wear and tear. I believe chains will solve your traction issue.

/ Snow Removal Frustration #49  
Try chains first, but don't discount loading the tires. Weight helps a lot more than some people realize, especially when pushing(that goes for anything being pushed, dirt/mud/snow/rocks). If you really don't want loaded tires, consider wheel weights. Either buy them, or make your own.

/ Snow Removal Frustration #50  
I just sold my 5 foot 3 point 2 stage blower for 600. See others in same price range right now. Definitely the time to buy.