Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

Default Re: Snow Removal Frustration

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Chains make all the difference in the world, A few snows a go, on my hill my tractor looked like the JD in the video, I slid down the hill and managed to get it back to the barn, barely. I went in and ordered the expensive chains. The difference is day and night. I have no idea what the older fella thinks he is doing with the shovel. This also shows you AG tires are no better than other tires on ice. They all harden up and are worthless. So is weight. You have to have a traction method, chains, studs or some way to grab onto the ground.
    Do you have the R4,s industrial tires or R1,s ag tires?The reason I ask I had R1,s ags installed my new tractor.My old 2008 Kioti had R4,s industrial and I hated them in snow and mud.The big reason why I had R1,s this time around.
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by coobie View Post
    Do you have the R4,s industrial tires or R1,s ag tires?The reason I ask I had R1,s ags installed my new tractor.My old 2008 Kioti had R4,s industrial and I hated them in snow and mud.The big reason why I had R1,s this time around.
    R4's coobie. My new chains are like day and night. on the icy stuff.. I would agree R1's are bound to do better in snow than R4's , but I don't think there is any comparison of R1 or R4 to chains on ice.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    R4's coobie. My new chains are like day and night. on the icy stuff.. I would agree R1's are bound to do better in snow than R4's , but I don't think there is any comparison of R1 or R4 to chains on ice.
    Agree,been some ice here to.Thinking about chains in the future.Do you have chains on the front and rear tires?
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789