Dirt Moving What angle for digging with FEL with toothbar

/ What angle for digging with FEL with toothbar #1  

13gef13

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar ym1510d Kioti ds3510 Kioti EX5310
I have fitted a homemade toothbar to my 4in1 bucket on my Kioti DS3510. It has 2" teeth (8 off). For digging rock free or very small rock dirt what angle should I set the bucket to for effective digging but not damage the bucket. It doesn't matter if I damage the toothbar because if it breaks I'll make a bigger/heavier one.
Thanks, Geoff

/ What angle for digging with FEL with toothbar #2  
start with the slightest angle that you start to feel it digging. play around with it for an hour and you will get the feel for it. I cant see that you will damage anything unless you start ramming with it at a fast speed

/ What angle for digging with FEL with toothbar #3  
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=899&q=front+end+loader&oq=front+end&gs_l=img.1.0.0l10.4412.11737.0.16821.14.10.3.1.1.0.247.1421.5j3j2.10.0...0.0...1ac.1.5.img.R35lt9kQWJE#imgrc=_

I agree with chin. As you can see in the many pictures most but all are built where you can dig yet still keep most of the force in direct line with your main load arms/support. If trying to take too big of a bite one can create extreme torquing on bucket dumping arms and cylinder(s).

/ What angle for digging with FEL with toothbar #4  
You will know when you get too much angle, the wheels will start spinning or engine will stall. Slight angle down just to skim about 2-3" at a time. IF the angle is too shallow it wont dig, too steep and it stalls, just have to play with it to get the right amount. I wouldn't worry about hurting the FEL as long as you go slow. It should be designed to take the full force of the tractors traction but not necessarily hitting any immovable object at 5+MPH.