Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: I learned some things today about top and tilt while blading gravel and dirt.

[QUOTE=oldballs;3226381]Thanks, TripleR. I did some search earlier, but hadn't run across that yet. We do miss Chuck in NH RIP.
    We sure do, he was a really interesting man and good guy.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: I learned some things today about top and tilt while blading gravel and dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    James, you simply can't beat top and tilt for using a blade or box scraper, I used one years ago and finally set one up with it last year, well worth the money indeed.
    Yeah, if I was going to do this very often at all, I sure would invest in it.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45SE, 1994 JD LX176

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Yeah, if I was going to do this very often at all, I sure would invest in it.
    I'm not sure how often I will use it, but I plan to get a rollover box blade that will work on my quick hitch, and top & tilt from Brian (MtnViewRanch). I'm looking forward to using them on a couple of projects on our 12 acres.

Fred

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

I have the fit rite top-n-tilt from Brian and it's been great for my BB use. Mine is 5'. Still have my snow plow and chains on up north here
    It was 62F yesterday and now about 40F or so. Still lots of snow....
    Last edited by Coyote machine; 03-11-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWannabe View Post
    I'm not sure how often I will use it, but I plan to get a rollover box blade that will work on my quick hitch, and top & tilt from Brian (MtnViewRanch). I'm looking forward to using them on a couple of projects on our 12 acres.

Fred
    I didn't see the advantage to a roll over box scraper having no experience with them and got a Land Pride HR3584, but it requires three rear remotes. I am sure you will really like your setup and look forward to the pictures.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45SE, 1994 JD LX176

When I was growing up in So Calif back in the '50s, all the landscapers used them on an 8N or NAA, usually in conjunction with a skiploader (manual dump). The scarifiers will dig in a lot deeper with a rollover box. I have always like them over a standard box blade. I will post pictures when I am finally able to start using.

Super Star Member
    Tractor

When I was growing up in So Calif back in the '50s, all the landscapers used them on an 8N or NAA, usually in conjunction with a skiploader (manual dump). The scarifiers will dig in a lot deeper with a rollover box. I have always like them over a standard box blade. I will post pictures when I am finally able to start using.
    May be a regional thing as I have never seen one in my area and my dad did site prep and landscaping with his Ford 600 and a standard box blade in Mississippi long before they ever became popular up here. I think there are some old threads on them I will check out.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Fred
    Hi Fred, I haven't heard from you in a good long while..Are you getting any good out of that DK45se?

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine View Post
    I have the fit rite top-n-tilt from Brian and it's been great for my BB use. Mine is 6', (last I checked), still have my snow plow and chains on up north here
    It was 62F yesterday and now about 40F or so. Still lots of snow....
    No snow here, but it sure cooled off again after our rain on Sunday,, we had just a touch of freezing rain, but warmed back up to about 32 or 33 now I think Still not a very pretty day like Saturday was..
    James KUA

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

A couple of things to know about roll-over box blades. They were first designed when rear remote hydraulics hadn't really even been heard of let alone commonly used. With a RO box blade you basically can set your top link and you normally would never have to adjust it again. You raise the implement up and pull a lever to rotate the box. It is common for the rippers to fall down and you would be ready to do some scarifying. After the implement has been raised and the lever pulled, you then lower down close to the ground and back up if you want the box facing backwards or pull forward to have it facing forwards. You often may need to pull on the lever to get past the ripper lock position. The whole idea was to be able to have the box in all of it's different positions without having to ever get out of the tractor seat. Where as back then with a std box blade you had to put the rippers down by hand and you had to always be adjusting the top link depending on if you were digging forward, or backwards.

Today with all the hydraulics that are available, pretty much no reason to have to move much of anything except your hand to make all of these adjustments.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast