Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default I learned some things today about top and tilt while blading gravel and dirt.

I have never been much of a rear blade person, having always been a "master" of the FEL and have moved and spread lots of dirt, gravel, and rocks with the FEL. Yes I have a small rear blade, a left over from 2 tractors ago (my much smaller B7500), but I never even put in on the kubota L3400hst, and today was the first day I put it on my Kioti. Well it is a bit small, at only 5 foot, but I will tell you what, it made the job of scraping off the gravel on a driveway that the wife wanted to reclaim in grass and flower beds much easier and more precise than using the bucket. Now what I learned was how valuable a top and tilt and even a power angle WOULD have been, if I had it, which I don't. The getting off and on the tractor lots of times to adjust the blade angle, and also the side tilt adjustment about wore me out. Of course I could have done better with a box blade instead of the angle blade, but the old angle blade "got-er-done". I can really appreciate why guys that do a lot of this type of work would really want this convenience. I knew all of this before of course, but nothing like getting on and off a tractor a bunch of times and making manual adjustments.to bring it to your attention. A few good things, the crank adjuster on the side link helped a bit, and the rear 3pt lift control to allow you to "unweight" the side and top links as you adjust it was nice, and the Kioti having a nicer, smoother 3pt position control than the Kubota L3400 was a help Anyway a nice day, and I had some fun in the dirt. Oh, did I mention, how much I love the HST transmission?

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: I learned some things today about top and tilt while blading gravel and dirt.

Having fun today I see.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: I learned some things today about top and tilt while blading gravel and dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Having fun today I see.
    I did, a beautiful day here, with probably high 60's temps, partly cloudy. Good day for scratching around...
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    I did, a beautiful day here, with probably high 60's temps, partly cloudy. Good day for scratching around...
    Still snow covered here for the most part. No playing with my blade in the dirt yet.

Glad to hear you had a good time with yours.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    I have never been much of a rear blade person, having always been a "master" of the FEL and have moved and spread lots of dirt, gravel, and rocks with the FEL.

Of course I could have done better with a box blade instead of the angle blade, but the old angle blade "got-er-done". I can really appreciate why guys that do a lot of this type of work would really want this convenience. I knew all of this before of course, but nothing like getting on and off a tractor a bunch of times and making manual adjustments.to bring it to your attention.

Anyway a nice day, and I had some fun in the dirt. Oh, did I mention, how much I love the HST transmission?

James K0UA
    Here is a way to do it on the FEL.

Pushing dirt.
    -p2100035-jpg -p2100029-jpg

It is on a Tilt-Tach and three point adapter.
    -p2100038-jpg -p2100039-jpg -p2100041-jpg

Ditto on HST.

Industry, Pa- - 5 mi. north of Ohio River
    Tractor
    Kioti DS4510, Ford '48 8N, Ford '53 Jubilee, Power King 1614

Beautiful day yesterday. Took the chains off the tractor and removed the boxblade and snowplow. Installed the landplane and helped a neighbor work their private dirt road across from my next door neighbor. He was using his box blade and
    He was impressed with the result I got with the landplane. Made for a nice 2 hours...
    Kioti 2012 DS4510 with FEL
    Ford 1948 8N
    Ford 1953 Jubilee
    Power King 1614
    Various 3 pt. equipment
    Sold: Ford 1946 2N, Kioti 2011 DS3510

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

James, you simply can't beat top and tilt for using a blade or box scraper, I used one years ago and finally set one up with it last year, well worth the money indeed.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 (2012)

Since the topic is rear blading dirt and gravel, can I ask about how much frustration is there to doing this on my B2620 with 1/4 inch valving and no top link or hydraulics. Having just finished digging in too deep in the snow with the RB and now rearranging the gravel, I just can't feather the RB to the right height for spreading it all back evenly. Admittedly I'm sort of new at it with this tractor, but is it me or something to live with since those top/tilt or hydraulics aren't on my rig?
    Kubota B2620 HST

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by oldballs View Post
    Since the topic is rear blading dirt and gravel, can I ask about how much frustration is there to doing this on my B2620 with 1/4 inch valving and no top link or hydraulics. Having just finished digging in too deep in the snow with the RB and now rearranging the gravel, I just can't feather the RB to the right height for spreading it all back evenly. Admittedly I'm sort of new at it with this tractor, but is it me or something to live with since those top/tilt or hydraulics aren't on my rig?
    I have a real problem doing this with the 1/4 inching valve on our BX2660 and don't even bother anymore. have your read this thread on properly setting it up on your tractor? http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...r-inching.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...about-1-a.html

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 (2012)

Thanks, TripleR. I did some search earlier, but hadn't run across that yet. We do miss Chuck in NH RIP.
    Mike
    Kubota B2620 HST

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast